America in Season 2

edited August 2007 in Sam & Max
I, like many other Americans, let out quite a laugh when we were all
sold to Canada
in the last Sam & Max episode. So I was wondering, could anyone at Telltale reveal whether the United States are still going to be
owned by Canada
in Season 2?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    I'm sure after Max wacked everyone with his boxing glove, any mistakes done as a result of a lapse in judgement due to hypnotic influence were fixed.

Or at least I hope.
  • edited August 2007
    There will probably be some trade made for all of our cheese.. I sense jimmy's the rats work here. Common boys lets get this country back with its curdles of cheese!!
  • edited August 2007
    Just like any cartoon - things that happened in the past aren't necessarily there in future installments.
  • edited August 2007
    barchetta wrote: »
    Just like any cartoon - things that happened in the past aren't necessarily there in future installments.

Provided that there is nothing meant to be in cannon. There are several cartoons where seemingly throw-away events have an impact later in the series. Gargoyles is a good example of this.
  • edited August 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Provided that there is nothing meant to be in canon. There are several cartoons where seemingly throw-away events have an impact later in the series. Gargoyles is a good example of this.
    Well, they did keep the "Max as President" thing going throughout the remaining two episodes, when they probably could have easily dismissed that story element at the start of the next episode.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    There a lot of ways to "reverse" the events without making them part of the stories. For instance, the opening scene on s2e1 could state something and we have the TV ads, posters, Newspapers and some random dialogs between S&M.
  • edited August 2007
    Sam and Max should go to England! :D
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Again?
  • edited August 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    Again?

Again? They've been before? :eek:
  • edited August 2007
    Ah, the comic! But not a game!
  • edited August 2007
    I could just picture the driving sequence if there was an episode set in Britain. Sam and Max end up on the wrong (the right hand side? :confused:) side of the motorway, and have to avoid an onslaught of oncoming Minis and London Cabbies.

As long as nobody talks like the Queen (although one of the newspapers a while back had a two-page spread about her accent becoming more 'common' back when there apparently wasn't much else worth reporting), I'd be more than happy =P.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I could just picture the driving sequence if there was an episode set in Britain. Sam and Max end up on the wrong (the right? :confused:) side of the motorway, and have to avoid an onslaught of Minis and London Cabbies.

As long as nobody talks like the Queen (although one of the newspapers a while back had a two-page spread about her accent becoming more 'common' back when there apparently wasn't much else worth reporting), I'd be more than happy =P.

Yeah, everyone here drives on the left... well, if they know what they're doing!

That sterotype really annoys me - also the one that implies we all wear black bowler hats and suits and drink tea all day! :D
  • edited August 2007
    And they could all look like Harry Winehead from TTH!!
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, everyone here drives on the left... well, if they know what they're doing!

I'm just learning to drive (just turned 17, they'd better not put the age limit up to 18 like they said they might be doing, before I pass my tests), so I'll probably come under the not-knowing-what-I'm-doing category.

Also, I drink a hell of a lot of tea :<. Damn me and my susceptibility to conform to stereotypes.
  • edited August 2007
    I went looking for a picture of the "Caution: Lanes Cross" sign from arrested development, but couldn't find one :(
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    That sterotype really annoys me - also the one that implies we all wear black bowler hats and suits and drink tea all day! :D

ep2_bosco.jpg

That idea for a driving game sounds great, btw. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    BOSCO PIC

That idea for a driving game sounds great, btw. :)

Yeah, but Bosco can get away with it because he's actually funny! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I like British stereotypes, because in fairness most of them are true. The best thing being that when we get teased about our Britishness, we take it as a compliment ;)

British Bosco was my favourite. "You can't go in there: it's knackered!"
  • edited August 2007
    'Stay out of the loo. It's knackered' in fact. +1 British :)
  • edited August 2007
    Bah, humbug.
  • edited August 2007
    Hey, the stereotype worked for Bosco...

not to mention Bakura...
  • edited August 2007
    Oh, Reginald, I disagree!
  • edited August 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »

The Lost SBemail. Classic.
  • edited August 2007
    It's even better with the easter egg...
  • edited August 2007

The easter egg is pure gold, yes. Really, it's incredibly important to the email. It's almost like the email's just not complete without it, if you ask me.
    Especially when you see The Cheat's memo.
    "Just say 'Screw all y'all.' Trust me, it'll work."
  • edited August 2007

I can't find it! :(
  • edited August 2007
    I can't find it! :(
    H*R Wiki to the rescue!
  • edited August 2007
    H*R Wiki to the rescue!

Haha, sweet. Thanks Cheers!
  • edited August 2007
    damn these british stereotypes *goes to make tea and add unneccisary vowels to things*

Now i'm afraid I must tally ho, my offspring has decided to tie himself up in computer cables (no seriously, he really has!) and is trying to eat the hoover. Then i'll just go put the kettle on and toast some crumpets.

ahem.. yeah.
  • edited August 2007
    Everything there in that paragraph was fine, except for tally ho... I mean, who even says that? :D
  • edited August 2007
    There are a few times when the American word is a little more complicated than the English one, lieutenant/leftenant, for example. Naturally, when this happens, the Americans are being needlessly inefficient, whereas when the English do it it's just delightfully quirky :p
  • edited August 2007
    I always tease my british and aussie friends about the stereotypes :P Then they come right back and pull the "fat American" card... hehehe.
  • edited August 2007
    Unfortunately, the "fat American" card is true. *holds beer belly with pride*:D
  • edited August 2007
    Thats not true I only way about 107 lbs (or for you British people "Learn to use real measurements!" lol). Quit taking away all the fat food people! Or I will implode and take you all with me. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    how is your name eater and yet you weight 107 pounds.
  • edited August 2007
    Eater wrote: »
    Thats not true I only way about 107 lbs (or for you British people "Learn to use real measurements!" lol). Quit taking away all the fat food people! Or I will implode and take you all with me. CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED

Hold on while I convert that...
    107 pounds = 7.64285714 stone

Wow, you're pretty slim (or just very short)! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Eater wrote: »
    Thats not true I only way about 107 lbs

What about the "Americans are bad spellers" stereotype?
  • edited August 2007
    I'm not fat OR a bad speller. Just borderline insane. :P
Sign in to comment in this discussion.