problems with the walking dead on mac (game is blocked at the main screen)

edited October 2012 in Game Support
Hi everybody!

I have a problem.
When I start The Walking Dead game (on Mac OS X 10.7.4) it starts regularly, but after connecting on the main screen, it doesn't take me to the main menu, so I can't start a new game nor download a new episode. It just remains in the main screen where the news roll. Strange thing is that before episode 3 was released, it worked just fine.
Hope I'm not the only one having this problem, and that somebody could help. Cheers.

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Its not broken - its just s**t design.

Its downloading some massive updates... eventually you will get to the main screen.

Just Telltales way of saying "f-you" to Mac users!
  • edited August 2012
    I'm going through the same thing, but according to the response I guess it takes more than 5 minutes to load?!! Guess I'll try to give it 10 or 15 and see what happens. So frustrated.
  • edited August 2012
    Started it up after clicking Continue. Walked away to do some dishes, for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Came back and it worked!!! Thanks, RealEvil!
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited August 2012
    ayanna47 wrote: »
    Started it up after clicking Continue. Walked away to do some dishes, for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. Came back and it worked!!! Thanks, RealEvil!

That reminds me of the good old C64 days, when games took forever to load :D :(
  • edited August 2012
    At least on the C64 you could look at the tape counter.....;)
  • edited September 2012
    realevil wrote: »
    Its not broken - its just s**t design.

Its downloading some massive updates... eventually you will get to the main screen.

Just Telltales way of saying "f-you" to Mac users!

yeah, I noticed... started it, gone to do something else, came back, and it was there: the main menu! I got to play, even if it took HOURS to download episode 3 8 (the first time, it got stuck at 99.50%, so I shut everything down and went to bed, this afternoon the download has gone much quicker, but it still got stuck at 99.50%, then, after waiting a few minutes more, it got installed) ... still, everytime I start the game, it takes about 20 minutes to get to the main menu...
  • edited September 2012
    yeah, I noticed... started it, gone to do something else, came back, and it was there: the main menu! I got to play, even if it took HOURS to download episode 3 8 (the first time, it got stuck at 99.50%, so I shut everything down and went to bed, this afternoon the download has gone much quicker, but it still got stuck at 99.50%, then, after waiting a few minutes more, it got installed) ... still, everytime I start the game, it takes about 20 minutes to get to the main menu...

Have you found any solution for that problem?
  • edited September 2012
    not yet, but lately I haven't had (is it correct? "haven't had"? sorry, I'm not english/american...) much time to try to find a solution... as soon as I'll be able to, I'll get working on it :)
  • edited October 2012
    so?
This discussion has been closed.