Adventure/rpg suggestions

edited August 2007 in General Chat
Yeah it's been asked before. I'm currently compiling a list of essential adventure games I still alas do not own. I have a lot of games, and i'm not exagerating here.. my collection is insanely massive.. but for some reason i'm missing some rather essential games like Bad Mojo and Siberia. This must be remedied!

Anyway, anyone have any suggestions for Adventure games or RPGS that everyone should play/own/worship?

Bearing in mind, I can't stand japanese style rpgs, I hated Final fantasy 7 with a burning burning passion. Turn based combat in RPgs makes me angry, cut scene combat even more so. So yeah...

So, games for the PC, DS or PS1 (I could never be bothered with the new generation and wanted to play silent hill ok!?)

Suggest away! ramble, rant etc!

Comments

• edited August 2007
    i sugest you pick up a dreamcast and get shenmue I and II if you can find them for a good price or get an xbox and shenmue II (comes with a film thing of the first game)
  • edited August 2007
    I loved Zork: Grand Inquisitor when it came out. It's easily my favorite non-LucasArts adventure game. (You do have to be familiar with at least Zork I and Return to Zork to get most of the jokes & references).

I saw that it's available on GameTap now, which is cool. I'm going to try Zork I again, seeing as how I've never actually finished it...
  • edited August 2007
    The Neverhood, if you can find a copy. And since you own a PS1, the semi-sequels: Skullmonkeys and Boombots. The sequels aren't adventure games, but a Neverhood collection isn't complete without them.
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah. grand inquisitor is the only Zork game I don't own. I feel cheated. I'll find it at some point.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.