The walking dead ep2 not staying completed

edited September 2012 in Game Support
Ok I got the walking dead a couple of days ago and after completing episode one I went off for a bit so when i come back on the game episode 2 had all my decisions reversed so after searching the forums I found a soulution that worked where I had to copy my pref folder from steam into the telltale game folder so after I finished episode two again I went off and when i came back on the save said i was still on episode one and episode two had not even been started it still had my decisions from episode one so i copied pref folder from steam again and it didnt work this time so could some one please help me.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    same problem for me.

start game, have to recomplete the end of episode 2, then it says coming soon for e3, so i restart, then its made it so i have to play the end of episode 2 AGAIN.

Its pretty god damn disgusting that Telltale havent fixed probelms they've been aware of since episode 2, and would rather just say 'screw you we have your money' to its fanbase.
  • edited September 2012
    Once EP2 is completed I recommend you delete the prefs.prop in Steam folder (take backup first) as that might overwrite your progressed save next time you start your game . I think this prefs.prop in steam folder is one of the main problem causing most savegame problem as it's almost always different version compared to the correct one in your savegame folder.

I had this problem that after completing EP3when I launched another game in another save slot and at EP2 it messed all my saves up because of the file prefs.prop in steam walkingdead102 folder.

My solution shortly:

remove prfs.prop in your steam folder. Play the game, after game if it has reappeared, remove it ( recommend backups of course, also I think it only appears when playing EP2)
  • edited September 2012
    I have the same annoying problem on Mac, and I really don't want to mess with my Steam configuration when this is TellTale's fault.
This discussion has been closed.