Money back request

edited September 2012 in Game Support
Hi,

I have bought the game through Steam, tried every fix available and it has never run.

I am requesting a refund, please. Happy for you to arrange for Steam to delete it from my account of course.

Now, please. I have already wasted a day.

Now - you took my money straight away, now give it back straight away.

Regards.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Why would Telltale refund your money if you bought it from Steam? I haven't had any issues with my Steam version, however have you filed a service ticket with Steam and checked the forums there to see if anyone else is having the same problem?
  • edited September 2012
    Telltale got my money mate. They should offer some genuine customer support, or refund their entirely broken product.

They are stealing.
  • edited September 2012
    A mod has moved but not had the decency to respond to my request.
  • edited September 2012
    Why would a volunteer mod, who isn't employed by Telltale respond to your request. REALLY file a service ticket with Steam - that's who has your money.
  • edited September 2012
    Even if telltale was happy to give you a refund, you'd still have to go through steam. Stop whining like you're all it and go do what you have to - file a claim with steam.
  • edited September 2012
    Yup, file a claim with Steam. I've done it in the past and gotten refunds, but don't be surprised if they say no, it's in their policy when you check out that there are NO refunds. Both times I've requested and received refunds it was for games with 3rd party DRM that didn't disclose that on the store page, so YMMV.

Why don't you post what trouble you're having here and maybe someone who has had a similar problem can help.
  • edited September 2012
    I would also recommend contacting the gaming press or the Mac press (if applicable). I am finding the lack of official response and widespread refund requests without proper acknowledgement of the widespread errors or commitment to fixing them to be meriting some customer awareness stories.
  • edited September 2012
    I have spent a week discussing with Steam, who have referred me to Telltale - saying they will not refund.

All you Einsteins recommending I talk to Steam, go away.

Telltale, please listen.

Your product is faulty. Under Australian law, you are required to provide a refund in circumstances where your product is not fit for service.

I demand a refund.

You ACKNOWLEDGE that you don't know how to fix your own broken product, you put up hours worth of recommended 'fixes', which as you know do NOTHING for the people who actually have the problem. You are WASTING MY TIME. Give me my money back.

And, out of courtesy. Reply.
  • edited September 2012
    Point08 wrote: »
    Why don't you post what trouble you're having here and maybe someone who has had a similar problem can help.

I'm having exactly the same error otherwise reported on the forums, and I've followed all the guides - but like most Steam users with this particular error there simply is no fix unfortunately. Thanks mate.
  • edited September 2012
    I have spent a week discussing with Steam, who have referred me to Telltale - saying they will not refund.

All you Einsteins recommending I talk to Steam, go away.

Telltale, please listen.

Your product is faulty. Under Australian law, you are required to provide a refund in circumstances where your product is not fit for service.

I demand a refund.

You ACKNOWLEDGE that you don't know how to fix your own broken product, you put up hours worth of recommended 'fixes', which as you know do NOTHING for the people who actually have the problem. You are WASTING MY TIME. Give me my money back.

And, out of courtesy. Reply.
This discussion has been closed.