A Few Mac Tech Issues

edited September 2012 in Game Support
Hey guys, just thought I'd report a few weird issues. All of these are running The Walking Dead via Steam on a Macbook Pro with OSX 8.1.

1. Fonts: When playing in full screen, fonts are garbled. This is fixed by playing in Windowed mode.

2. Crash on close. Consistently. I can copy the crash notes if you want.

3. A lot of texture issues, generally. Textures pop in and out, could be a shadow issue; maybe the same one with the ATI cards you mentioned elsewhere, but this computer has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.

4. The game runs very, very slowly between scenes if you're in offline mode. If I had to hazard a guess, is it dialling home between scenes as a method of DRM?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    jackslack wrote: »
    Hey guys, just thought I'd report a few weird issues. All of these are running The Walking Dead via Steam on a Macbook Pro with OSX 8.1.

1. Fonts: When playing in full screen, fonts are garbled. This is fixed by playing in Windowed mode.

2. Crash on close. Consistently. I can copy the crash notes if you want.

3. A lot of texture issues, generally. Textures pop in and out, could be a shadow issue; maybe the same one with the ATI cards you mentioned elsewhere, but this computer has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M.

Mine is a late 2009 iMac 27" i7 with ATI GPU and 16GB of RAM.

I don't get your issue 1, however, I get issue 2 (in windowed mode) and your 3 all the time, more with shading textures.
    I'm on Mountain Lion with no updates pending.
    Also have 50Mb/s up, and 16Mb/s down, based in the UK.

For any techs:-
    I ran a network packet trace and noticed quite a few packets were being resequenced so I'm wondering if TTS have an issue with a network load balancer not being configured correctly.
  • edited September 2012
    Got one more: There's an unreliable though common crash right after getting the keys to the pharmacy.
This discussion has been closed.