Mikdog is missing

edited September 2007 in General Chat
Hey, what happened to Mikdog, the guy that loved to make fun of anyone in the forum? Was he banned, is he using another nickname or did he just disappear?

Comments

• edited August 2007
    Well, his latest comic dates from yesterday, so I doubt he's actually missing. I didn't see him on the forums very often to begin with, and with this period between Sam & Max seasons, I suppose he's just focusing on other things, like his comic.
  • edited August 2007
    Didn't know he did webcomics... and judging by this newest one, I didn't miss much :P I like the art style, though.
  • edited August 2007
    Haha, it's not that bad :)
    I just suppose he left the forum, I don't see him here since october 2006 more or less.
    Anyway, never mind.
  • edited August 2007
    Haha, it's not that bad :)
    I just suppose he left the forum, I don't see him here since october 2006 more or less.
    Anyway, never mind.

Is this him? Last active last month, it seems.
  • edited August 2007
    mikdog? what an idiot.. I miss my man numble
  • edited August 2007
    AHAHAHAH agreed!
  • edited August 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    mikdog? what an idiot.. I miss my man numble

Numble's missing too? Wow, I need to lurk moar :P
  • edited September 2007
    I never knew that Milkdog had a comic strip. However, from what I can tell about the art, it seems controversal. I mean the characters in his strip aren't african american, are they?
  • edited September 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I mean the characters in his strip aren't african american, are they?
    They're apparently South African, which makes it even more controversial perhaps, but at the same time fewer people will complain about it.
  • edited September 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    They're apparently South African, which makes it even more controversial perhaps, but at the same time fewer people will complain about it.

I wonder where Milkdog is, which makes me believe it isn't anywhere in America. I take it that such stereotypes is less offensive outside America
  • edited September 2007
    I always had a feeling that mikdog was African himself, from the comics.
  • edited September 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I always had a feeling that mikdog was African himself, from the comics.

That is what I thought as well. However, it is hard to say unless he has his photo on his comic strip site.
  • edited September 2007
    On his store it says that the items are only shipped to Africa, so I'd asume so.
  • edited September 2007
    On his store it says that the items are only shipped to Africa, so I'd asume so.

Ah. But in South America, there are lots of ppl of caucassian descent there so I do not know what the racial tension over there is and if the art is considered controversal.
  • edited September 2007
    I really doubt he's an Afrikaner, or he'd be accused of racism I think. On the other hand, his characters are so grotesque that they defy any identification with existing stereotypes.
  • edited September 2007
    True since I have no idea what is the politics surrounding black face outside of the US.
  • edited September 2007
    I looked it up, and in an interview he said they were based on a couple of mythological gods his grandmother told him about.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.