blank disc issue with The Adventure Company retail version

edited August 2007 in Game Support
I purchased a copy of sam and max yesterday. While the bonus cd works fine, the game cd doesn't seem to exist (The game never starts, if i try to manually open it from my computer nothing shows up--it's as if the cd is blank). Once, a few years ago, I had a problem similar to this one. The difference is that then I would eventually recieve an error message saying that the cpu couldn't read the disc or something similar to that. With this one, however, it never even acknowledges that there is a disc. I figured that it was a defective cd so I went and exchanged it. Same problem. However, I tested it on a friend's computer and it worked. What could be going on?
I think, when it happened before, it was due to the copy protection software.
Anyway, I really want to play the game, but I can't. It's making me nuts.

My system specs are:

DVD- ATAPI DVD DD 2x16x16
System:
Windows XP Professional
Version 2002
Service Pack 2
Brand: Shuttle G5 WCG 8300G
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.83 GHz
3.42 GHz, 1 GB of Ram

Geforce 7300GS
Soundblaster Audigy II

I scan for spyware and viruses on a daily basis, so I'm pretty sure everything is clean on that front.

I would sure appreciate any help that would allow me to play.
Thanks

Comments

• edited August 2007
    You seem to be having this problem. Read through the thread and see if it helps you. :)
  • edited August 2007
    Ya, it looks like the people near the thread's end are having the exact same problem that I am. Unfortunately, they don't seem to have found a solution yet. If only I hadn't given my lap top to my parents.....I bet the game would have worked on it.
  • edited August 2007
    It looks like you'll have to wait until the verdict from Emily -- don't worry, it's good support round here. :)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    This is a problem with The Adventure Company's retail disc, and they are looking into it. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot Telltale can do about this except forward your information to them, which I'll be happy to do.

Please send an email to support@telltalegames.com that includes your system specs and where you bought the CD. Also say in the email if you've tested the disc on another computer and if it worked there. I'll get the info over to the person at TAC who's looking into this.
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks,

I sent an email to you allready, and you responded. I just posted here hoping for more input.
  • edited August 2007
    I don't know if this is possible, but I just had a thought that I wanted to run by you. Is the full season 1 downloadable? If it is would there be any way to get credit for the download if we got robbed on the retail disc?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Season One is now available in a lot of different places, and giving people who bought one version free access to a different version is not we can do as a general rule. (We had the same question from people who wanted to transfer their Telltale purchases to Steam and vice versa.)

But, if this issue with the retail version does not get figured out, it's something we might be able to do for the customers experiencing this problem. I know TAC and SecuROM are actively working on getting the problem resolved, though, so I'd like to hold off a little longer and see if a solution is reached before we start offering that.
This discussion has been closed.