First glimpse at the german dub

2»

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Oh Mein Got, and you're still dissecting the first act of the first episode of the first season... :eek:

BTW, we - the Dutch - are used to reading subtitles, almost none of the American (and British and for that matter - the German and French, etc) shows are subbed. Just a handful of toddler programmes (Teletubbies comes to mind, also Bob the Builder).
    In fact, even if I'm watching a DVD or something on, say, the BBC, then I'm inclined to turn on Teletext (Closed Captioning) to read (in English) what they're saying, even though it's not in my native tongue. I'm just used to reading along!

Marc
  • edited September 2007
    Hey, I had dutch for three years at school... but since I don't really use it anymore, it's hard for me to speak. I still understand most of it though (if you speak slow enough;))
    I know you dutch people are used to subtitles.
    I'm pretty used to subtitles in games as most of my games are not dubbed.
    I also like to wath DVDs with original tone, as long it's english. (or german of course). Most of the time I don't really look at the subtitles.
    and yes
    I am still dissecting the first act of the first episode of the first season
    becaus (like I already said) it's fun to do so. (Not to degrade the original)
    And I've already said multible times, that the german dub isn't that bad.
    I guess that most people just had very high expectations.
    After watching the videos multible times, you kinda get used to the voice actors.
    Maybe I'll even get the german version, when it's becoming cheaper. But I don't really have to buy it.
  • edited September 2007
    If someone got some other stuff about the French dub, please warn me! :p

I'm waiting for amazon.fr to ship the game, buuut... A video of the episode 1 introduction will just be nice :p

I know, you can select the language for the European version, so... if you can capture a little video and host it on youtube or anything else :p

Thank you :)
  • edited September 2007
    don't know anything about the french voices in season 1 (ordered the dvd at telltale before even knowing the localisation was on its way, and don't care much about it anyway), but i do know that max's french voice was awfull in Hit the road. As far as i remember i had always played the us version until an english-hater friend of mine got the french one... Sam sounded okay, but they had given max some horrible "silly-child-that-makes-you-wanna-throw-up-and-sitck-loads-of-X-rated-stuff-up-his-damn-nostrils's voice which was nerve-breaking AND totally out of character.
    So i sure hope they won't do the same this time.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.