Schafer's new project?

edited October 2007 in General Chat
http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/34032

Tim Schafer + Jack Black + Heavy Metal?? If true, this has high chances of becoming the best game ever (or at least my favourite one).

Comments

• edited August 2007
    i think by his posting on his website, it's clear that this story is false

http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/site/comments/oh_for_crying_out_loud/
  • MelMel
    edited August 2007
    But its Tim Schafer and he likes to screw with people's minds too.
  • edited August 2007
    Who owns the rights for Full Throttle?
  • edited August 2007
    LucasArts.
  • edited August 2007
    Still? :O)
  • edited August 2007
    i want to believe...
  • edited August 2007
    We can always wish that Lucasarts will be nice again and at least sell the rights...
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    We can always wish that Lucasarts will be nice again and at least sell the rights...

hahahahahahahahaha

well that isn't going to happen again
  • edited August 2007
    Kedri wrote: »

be nice again? Since when were they nice? are you talking about the days when they actually cared about the fans?
  • edited August 2007
    joebot wrote: »
    i think by his posting on his website, it's clear that this story is false

http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/site/comments/oh_for_crying_out_loud/

He doesn't refute either using Jack Black or Heavy Metal.

He just dismisses the idea of going to "Rock & Roll Heaven", which sounds to me like it was made up by the guy on the original post....
  • edited October 2007
    He doesn't refute either using Jack Black or Heavy Metal.

Exactly:

9_b8ab3f29_brutal-legend-gi-cov.jpg
  • edited October 2007
    Oh man! Brütal Legend :D Just saw this too. Couldn't get much better than that!
  • edited October 2007
    http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/site/woooo_new_game_is_announced_finally/

"Rock and Roll Heaven" is apparently also part of the game. I think when he "denied" it he was just messing with people. :p
  • edited October 2007
    Brütal Legend is a surreal ode to the mythology of rock and roll staring the talents of Jack Black and a stable of heavy metal legends.
    Oh boy. This game will be so awesome it's going to be dangerous to look directly at it.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/site/woooo_new_game_is_announced_finally/

"Rock and Roll Heaven" is apparently also part of the game. I think when he "denied" it he was just messing with people. :p

Whoops except you linked to the joke announcement, which was for the Epic Saga game.
  • edited October 2007
    Yeah. The REAL announcement was indeed in Game Informer.

I mean, seriously. When has the Double Fine Action News blog EVER been serious? ;)
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Whoops except you linked to the joke announcement, which was for the Epic Saga game.

Whoops indeed. That's what I get for not paying attention.
  • edited October 2007
    damn!, i've read the whole article, and it seems it'll be my perfect game...

why damn then?

it also says that it'll be released for X360 and PS3 only :(
  • edited October 2007
    Fuck off! You're kidding right?
  • edited October 2007
    I'm really hoping they bring it to PC (with an option to download over Steam or something). I don't have a PS3 or 360, and I wouldn't pay the ridiculous prices (£50 / $100) that's being asked for the games on either console.
  • edited October 2007
    No, he's not kidding that they said it's being released for XBox 360 and PS3, but that's a hell of a long ways from being released ONLY for XBox 360 and PS3.

Digging up the past, you'll find Psychonauts was only announced for PS2 a short few months before its release for XBox and PC.
    edited October 2007
    Psychonauts was originally an Xbox exclusive. PS2 and PC came when they switched publishers from Microsoft to Majesco.
  • edited October 2007
    Yeah, that's certainly true. But PS2 was announced later than PC. Why not vice versa?
    edited October 2007
    I remember the 2 additional ports being announced at the same exact time, and the PS2 version just shipped way later. I might be full of it, though.
  • edited October 2007
    Altough it's not a point&click adventure it sounds and looks groovey! This is what i'm waiting for so often for nothing, original refreshing content! They for sure don't milk the same old cow till it's dead.

-> http://www.doublefine.com/news.php/forums/viewthread/295/P30/
  • edited October 2007
    Read the article. Looks way too promising, can't wait.

Might have a bit of Finnish metal music in it too, which would be a first for video games. At least in a central role. :)
  • edited October 2007
    taumel wrote: »
    This is what i'm waiting for so often for nothing, original refreshing content! They for sure don't milk the same old cow till it's dead.

Yeah, as the article stated, Schafer's plan is to make his every game the opposite of the previous ones. Got to admire the creativity.
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I remember the 2 additional ports being announced at the same exact time, and the PS2 version just shipped way later. I might be full of it, though.

Wikipedia (which could be wrong, I know) says PC was announced in Summer '04 when Microsoft dropped the game, while PS2 was announced in October.
  • edited October 2007
    the point is that they are ignoring nintendo for the second time now. i already couldn't play psychonauts and now i wont be able to play this one either. i wont buy another console for just one game.
  • edited October 2007
    The fact is that you're not going to see that many multiplatformers hitting the Wii. The tech differences are big enough to cause developing for the Wii in addition to the other two platforms quite costly and time consuming, since you have to modify the game quite a bit for it to work on the Wii.

I can't wait for Raving Rabbids 2 though. It is going to be *the* party game for Wii. :cool:
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    I'm sold. So very sold.
  • edited October 2007
    Nay, needs more cowbell.
  • edited October 2007
    I get game informer... I never got this edition.. which was it?
  • edited October 2007
    Linque wrote: »
    The fact is that you're not going to see that many multiplatformers hitting the Wii. The tech differences are big enough to cause developing for the Wii in addition to the other two platforms quite costly and time consuming, since you have to modify the game quite a bit for it to work on the Wii.

sad thing is that, at least in the case of psychonauts, i believe that a nintendo gamer would have appreciated it much more than a xbox or ps2 gamer.
  • edited October 2007
    Well, let's just say the Wii isn't powerful enough. Innovative controller but low performing hardware which certainly is enough for making an enjoyful game but simply not enough for offering games which are designed with a ps3, xbox360 or average pc in mind.
  • edited October 2007
    That's not entirely true.
  • edited October 2007
    Sorry but I loved psychonauts :P And ... I just got the Game informer at the gamestop.. telling em I didnt get this months .. poof jack black in my hand!
  • edited October 2007
    @tabacco
    Like for instance?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.