Best website of a game company

edited September 2007 in General Chat
Hey
I didn’t know where else to say this, so I put it on general chat.
I just wanted to say, that this is really the best website of a game company, that I have ever visited. Especially the Forum. (I know, I don’t post very often, but I read it)
It’s so cool that it’s so easy to get in touch with some actual Telltale employees and that they really care for everybody and help them as fast as possible.
You Guys really rock

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    Thanks, Bruno! It's always good to hear kind words about your work.
  • edited August 2007
    The forum is definately the best. I've never seen such ease of talk with a company staff(Apart from in person, of course. The website? Well, it's a bit less obvious, but that, too, might be the best. I mean, all the free stuff! :D
  • edited August 2007
    I agree! The Telltale site is awesome, love all the extras.. you can tell that they actually enjoy making games. And having people working at Telltale actually post on the forums is great.

Another awesome website is Al Lowes' site - now this is not a game developer website, as you probably all know, Al Lowe is the designer of the Leisure Suit Larry games. He has an absolutely great web site with tons of stuff about his games and plenty of other cool stuff as well - including a joke service where you can get a joke to your email address every day :D

And - if you drop him an email, he will reply.. which is awesome.
  • edited August 2007
    Honour to those who deserve it Jake :)
    How about an link Armakuni?
    You meant this site: http://www.allowe.com/ right?
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, forgot to include the link.
  • edited August 2007
    I agree. I really like how the staff actually talk to you and listen to their fans.
    The site is also really well designed, which is good. :)

400th post!
  • edited August 2007
    the best thing about this site is that it's one of the very few game-related websites which isn't blocked at work...

(so let's hope it stays low-profile)
  • edited August 2007
    the forums are much more relaxed than the elder scrolls ones where people often go off on one for a misunderstanding and threads are locked several times a day
  • edited August 2007
    Several times a day?:eek: Yech! What makes normal people keep hanging around in such a forum?
  • edited August 2007
    fco. wrote: »
    the best thing about this site is that it's one of the very few game-related websites which isn't blocked at work...

(so let's hope it stays low-profile)

Really? Our websense doesn't pass it through. :mad:

--Erwin
  • edited August 2007
    For my connection in germany the TTG server still is very slow like i stated last year.
  • edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Several times a day?:eek: Yech! What makes normal people keep hanging around in such a forum?

i am new to that forum it is usually due to people making negative statement towards 'the adoring fan' and people opening thread that can be offensive or there are already active threads on the site to those regards
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    i am new to that forum it is usually due to people making negative statement towards 'the adoring fan' and people opening thread that can be offensive or there are already active threads on the site to those regards
    I see. I've heard of places like that, but luckily I've never stepped in one. I'd consider leaving it if I were you. I know I would.
    For the record: I've been around in some capacity in at least 6 forums and even the worst averages less than one locked thread per week. Multiple locked threads per day is absurd. Please do yourself a favor and don't think it's normal.
  • edited August 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    I see. I've heard of places like that, but luckily I've never stepped in one. I'd consider leaving it if I were you. I know I would.
    For the record: I've been around in some capacity in at least 6 forums and even the worst averages less than one locked thread per week. Multiple locked threads per day is absurd. Please do yourself a favor and don't think it's normal.

im not in it for the long run i am just there until i get oblivion (tomorrow hopefully) and maybe i'll return if i need help, the hardware and software issues forum on bethedesa was the only one that was useful (although some posters were rude about my laptop configuration even though i have the best laptop of all the people i know; telltale is the only forum i have ever actively posted on the variety of people on here helps and the politeness and helpfulness of the moderators and posters is an added positive.

one of the crazier people complaining about a thread about someone making a new character its ridiculous (and a little funny)
    1 wrote: »
    READ THIS I SWEAR TO GOD IM TIRED OFF ALL THESE [censored] NEW CHARECTER THINGS
    SO READ FOR YOUR AND ALL OUR SAKES...
    LINKY---> http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...=734368&hl=
    P.S. youll see some things from me around pg 6 or 7

the only other forums that i remember using are ultimate guitar and Nintendo europe (neither of which are a patch on telltale i love you guys):cool:
  • edited August 2007
    Haha, yeah, the Elder Scrolls forums are a horrible mess. I only lurk there; I posted twice about the Direct2Drive Oblivion + retail Shivering Isles mess, and after my first post, I was asked by a moderator to post in an existing thread that wasn't exactly about the same problem... but at least people are offering nice advice, like how you can ride a dragon when you jump off Dive Rock. :D

No, the Telltale forums are much better in that regard. I just love this place, it has a real community feel to it. :)
  • edited August 2007
    the only other forums that i remember using are ultimate guitar and Nintendo europe (neither of which are a patch on telltale i love you guys):cool:

Ugh, Nintendo Europe. Don't get me started on that site. Have you seen all the amazing stuff the Japanese get when we're stuck with wallpapers and the once-in-blue-moon rubbish game no-one wants.
  • edited August 2007
    Ugh, Nintendo Europe. Don't get me started on that site. Have you seen all the amazing stuff the Japanese get when we're stuck with wallpapers and the once-in-blue-moon rubbish game no-one wants.

and now our stars expire in a year which means im going to lose my 5000 ish stars (stupid nintendo europe) we do get clip art and mobile phone ringtones (sarcasm)
  • edited August 2007
    and now our stars expire in a year which means im going to lose my 5000 ish stars (stupid nintendo europe) we do get clip art and mobile phone ringtones (sarcasm)

When they get their act together so we can finally use our stars as Wii Points, I'll be spending like mad.
    Until then, I'm sure mine are soon going to expire.
    (unless a good game comes in the catalogue)
  • edited August 2007
    When they get their act together so we can finally use our stars as Wii Points, I'll be spending like mad.
    Until then, I'm sure mine are soon going to expire.
    (unless a good game comes in the catalogue)

no wii as yet
  • edited August 2007
    no wii as yet

You should get one soon, if you can. (Hopefully) Amazing games such as Mario Galaxy, Brawl, MP3 and Mario Kart should be coming out this year or early next year. :)

We really should stop hijacking threads...! :D
  • edited August 2007

No doubt they'll expire the day before the star points for Wii points system is brought in.
    It's a con, really, and I'm sure the only reason I can see that they haven't bought the system in already, and the reason behind the points expiring, is because they know how much money they'll lose from people otherwise paying for the Wii points.
  • edited August 2007
    At least you have some sort of points thing at all :(
  • edited August 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    At least you have some sort of points thing at all :(

i noticed that (i have the US versions of hotel dusk and FF3 both ds)
  • edited August 2007
    It doesn't really make up for getting games much later than everywhere else though.
    It feels like they're saying "Sorry you had to wait a year or so for Metroid Prime Pinball and Trauma Centre Wii, and 6 months for Super Paper Mario. But here's a couple of points for buying Generic Game X, so you can get a few PC wallpapers that could be found for free on any other site".

To be fair, they do something give away actual DS games for the points, but they're gone within 5 minute of going up, and tend to be film tie-ins anyway.

EDIT: One thing is, though, when you look through the preowned games in the shops, they tend to leave the little sheets with the star points on inside, and more often than not, the coating over the PIN code for the star points hasn't even been scratched off.
    So if you were the sort of person who was a cheapskate, you could easily take the things out the boxes and nobody would ever notice they were gone.

Please note: I have not tried this and am only guessing nobody would notice. If somebody does notice, you're on your own.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    It doesn't really make up for getting games much later than everywhere else though.
    It feels like they're saying "Sorry you had to wait a year or so for Metroid Prime Pinball and Trauma Centre Wii, and 6 months for Super Paper Mario. But here's a couple of points for buying Generic Game X, so you can get a few PC wallpapers that could be found for free on any other site".

To be fair, they do something give away actual DS games for the points, but they're gone within 5 minute of going up, and tend to be film tie-ins anyway.

EDIT: One thing is, though, when you look through the preowned games in the shops, they tend to leave the little sheets with the star points on inside, and more often than not, the coating over the PIN code for the star points hasn't even been scratched off.
    So if you were the sort of person who was a cheapskate, you could easily take the things out the boxes and nobody would ever notice they were gone.

Please note: I have not tried this and am only guessing nobody would notice. If somebody does notice, you're on your own.

and some games never at all even though there are English translations and i got a preowned copy of 1080 avalanche which still had the points
  • edited August 2007
    I like this site not only because of the interaction between the fans and the administrators, but also because of the interaction between fans alone, I've been frequenting the View Askew forums for about four years now, and if someone makes a thread even close to a thread that's already popped up they are nailed with a "UTFS NOOB!!!", whereas here when you make a thread similar to another thread you get something along the lines of "good question, you might find your answer here" here being a link to another thread of a similar nature, it's like the typical netmonger attitude is an unheard of idea here. You guys are all awesome, that one was directed at everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, that I have yet to encounter on this board, the best online community I've ever been a part of.:D
  • edited August 2007
    Group hug! :D
  • edited August 2007
    Th1s h4s b33n my pl4n 4ll 4l0ng! 1 h4v3 tr1ck3d 3v3ry0n3 1nt0 th1nk1ng th3y'r3 1n 4 s4f3 c0mmun1ty, 4nd n0w 1 c4n str1k3. 0WN3D!

*ahem* Sorry, I don't know what came into me there.
  • jmmjmm
    edited August 2007
    Safe....?
    08302007-124500.42: Data collection complete
    08302007-124500.43: Starting mailing daemon
    08302007-124505.10: Mail Daemon: Sending Spam to forum users
    08302007-124505.12: Starting forum spammer
    08302007-124612.94: Forum Spammer: Targetting www.telltalegames.com/forums
    08302007-124613.32: Forum Spammer: vBulletin 3.6.8 found
    08302007-124613.33: Forum Spammer: Starting vBulletin 3.6 plug-in
    08302007-124614.29: Forum Spammer: Starting posts

* * Evil laughs * *

Just Kidding
  • edited August 2007
    This is the greatest web site ever. The games are great, the support is great, and most of all, the forums are great. You people who help to make this web site great are great. This is great.
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    great!
  • edited August 2007
    Yeah, lotsa fun here!
  • edited August 2007
    This is the perfect place of perfect happiness
    I am perfectly happy here
    And I never want to leave, ever!
  • edited August 2007
    Bruno83 wrote: »
    This is the perfect place of perfect happiness
    I am perfectly happy here
    And I never want to leave, ever!

Too bad, you're fired. ;)
  • edited August 2007
    I never want to leave.....ever!
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    Welcome to the Hotel California...
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    Or Reality 2.0
  • edited September 2007
    I was already thinking nobody would get that
  • edited September 2007
    Although I'm fond of these forums (pretty much the only ones apart from the Something Awful forums which I actually still frequent with regularity), I have to say that the actual main site is possibly one of the best game company sites I've visited. It's none too flashy, but it's nice enough, there's plenty of information, but you can get to where you want to go easily, and of course seeing as you download the games from there there's plenty to do :). But it really is a nice site. Most game companies have slow to load, flash heavy, uninformative sites that don't serve much purpose, but this one is really good.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.