Question About Intellectual Properties

edited August 2007 in General Chat
Since this is a likely place to get a well-informed answer...

As I've mentioned in a couple of threads, I and some other people are working on a full blown fan-sequel to the game "Blood".

The Blood franchise is currently owned by Atari/Infogrames, and has been inactive for years (and will remain so, seeing as how both Blood games were eventually pulled from stores, the second game flopped, and the fanbase is very small), which makes it seem more likely that they would be willing to sell the IP.

My question is, does anyone know what exactly one has to do to go about asking Atari if they would want to sell the IP? And more importantly, what part of the company would I ask, and would a property like this be realistically priced for your average Joe (or ShaggE, as it were)?

Keep in mind, there's a greater chance of Uwe Boll getting an Oscar than there is of Atari doing anything with Blood.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    i believe that you would have to go through this website (its french so i am no help from here)

corporate infogrammes
  • edited August 2007
    Eek, the translator doesn't work very well on it, either. Errr... anyone speak french? :P
  • edited August 2007
    no french people replied to the where are you from thread (some canadians speak french)
  • edited August 2007
    Hmm... merde. Well, I'll worry about that later, anyone have a guess at what the average company would charge for something like this?
Sign in to comment in this discussion.