revolution ds game (maybe)

edited September 2007 in General Chat
i was looking on the revolution forums and one of the revolution team was strongly hinted at a ds adventure game (and possibly a wii one as well)

if you don't know revolution made the broken sword games(1 to 4) and beneath a steel sky

this could be good and the third (other 2 are another code and hotel dusk) adventure game on the perfect console for them

Comments

• JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited August 2007
    They did a Broken Sword game for the GBA, so I imagine them going to the DS wouldn't be too out of the picture.
  • edited August 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    They did a Broken Sword game for the GBA, so I imagine them going to the DS wouldn't be too out of the picture.

yeah they ported BS1 to the GBA ( i have a copy of it) and revolution are one of my favourite developers (which includes telltale)
  • edited August 2007
    Ah, that's pretty cool. I hope they'll make a Wii game too though, since I don't own a DS, and don't see myself getting one in the foreseeable future.
    Not by legal means, anyway.
  • edited August 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    Ah, that's pretty cool. I hope they'll make a Wii game too though, since I don't own a DS, and don't see myself getting one in the foreseeable future.
    Not by legal means, anyway.

they are quite good with quite a few games both of the ones in my first post were quite good (amazingly done art in both)

and there is also advance wars dual strike which is very good (less so than the gba versions though)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    I asked Charles Cecil about the DS in an interview a couple of years ago, and he mentioned that if Revolution did a DS game he'd want to do an original IP, not a Broken Sword port. Of course, things may have changed since then, but if they are working on a DS game I'd love to see it be something new...
    this could be good and the third (other 2 are another code and hotel dusk) adventure game on the perfect console for them

There are more adventure games on the DS than just Another Code and Hotel Dusk... Touch Detective (with a sequel in development), the Phoenix Wright games, and a bunch that are in development right now (Sinking Island, Ankh, a Nancy Drew game...)
  • edited September 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    There are more adventure games on the DS than just Another Code and Hotel Dusk... Touch Detective (with a sequel in development), the Phoenix Wright games, and a bunch that are in development right now (Sinking Island, Ankh, a Nancy Drew game...)

i never really thought that phoenix wright was a proper adventure game and more of an attorney simulator (in the same was trauma centre was to surgery simuation) i have only played phoenix for a short while, i should try and pick up a copy of it
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Phoenix Wright is much more adventurey than Trauma Center. Each of the cases is a mystery you have to untangle... much more story-driven than a lawyer sim would be.
  • edited September 2007
    Im not sure you can really have a lawyer game that isnt story driven...thats the whole point really, discovering the "story" behind the case at hand...In any case, I would think that PW could be classed as an adventure game, but really the adventure game genre really is quite vague anyway...just about any game with a story should be classed as an adventure game by that definition...which in most cases is not what happens...
  • edited September 2007
    Emily wrote: »

Touch Detective is awful. It actually managed to make me physically sick. We're talkin' vomiting and headaches for about 2 weeks. At least, I assume it was the game... Maybe it's just because I remember it being so boring and stupid before getting sick... But I stand by my illogical conclusions!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.