Lost my Hit the Road Manual

edited August 2007 in General Chat
Does anyone know where I can find a download? I tried Replacementdocs but all they have is a broken link. I've been searching for a long time, can anyone help me out?

Edit: Oh yeah, I'd rather not pay for it, because I'm very broke.

Comments

• edited August 2007
    when my new copy arrives (should come with the manual in pdf) i should be able to attach it to this thread (unless guybrush threepwood does so first)

unless this breaks any laws
  • edited August 2007
    that would be supremely appreciated, i"m not a huge collector, but I at least like to have the mauals around.:D
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    when my new copy arrives (should come with the manual in pdf) i should be able to attach it to this thread (unless guybrush threepwood does so first)

unless this breaks any laws

The game doesn't come with a physical manual, it's a .pdf on the disc.
  • edited August 2007
    thats what i said

if you pm me your email i can send you the pdf file (its too big to attach)

patters
  • edited August 2007
    The game doesn't come with a physical manual, it's a .pdf on the disc.

I got it years ago right around when Lucasarts stopped selling it, I had a physical manual, I have since found, bits that I suspects to be parts of the manual, that were shredded by the cats, it was a sad day indeed, I loved it, if not just for the comics.
  • edited August 2007
    its the european version i haven't looked at it as i have just got up

and its sending now
  • edited August 2007
    Thanks alot, it's real helpful, unfortunately it doesn't have any of the comics in it. Once again proving that Lucasarts really sucks hardcore. (nowadays I mean)
  • edited August 2007
    If I remember well, the manual never had any of the comics inside. I'd check right now and tell you but I don't want to open the box and touch the precious stuff inside. Collector matters.
  • edited August 2007
    patters wrote: »
    thats what i said

if you pm me your email i can send you the pdf file (its too big to attach)

patters

So you did. Sorry. :D
  • edited August 2007
    If I remember well, the manual never had any of the comics inside. I'd check right now and tell you but I don't want to open the box and touch the precious stuff inside. Collector matters.

Well there was in one of the books in my version, it might have been a hint book, there was a buinch of comics, and a little flip book of max jumping down sam's throat and then being thrown up again.
  • edited August 2007
    I'm pretty sure the flipbook was in Surfing the Highway, rather than HTR's manual.
  • edited August 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the flipbook was in Surfing the Highway, rather than HTR's manual.

I never owned Surifn the highway, I've never gotten a good look STH, I am absolutely sure it was in something that came with my HTR box.
  • edited August 2007
    there was a flip book and some comics in the official strategy guide (is that the name? you know, the walkthrough I mean), that I still own. All in german though.
    ...yes I needed a walkthrough. It's been the first adventure I've ever played, and I was a Kid OK?...
    anyway here's the flip book.
    animation.gif
    But there are also some "comics" in the manual. One is called "breakfast at the diner" and one is about making a Max handpuppet out of a paperbag. They are both just one page big though.
    There is also a small tabletop game in the middle of the manual.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.