Someone guide me in my purchases.

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
I got money, guys!

The Sam & Max Sketchbook and Effigy Mound seem similar to me. What exactly is each (Well, I know what the Sketchbook is. What I'm not sure of is the Effigy Mound) and what are their differences?

Comments

• edited September 2007
    They're both sketchbooks. They each have different sketches in them :)
  • edited September 2007
    Is that all?

*Dangles money*
  • edited September 2007
    I'm not sure what else you want me to say :(

They're two different sketchbooks that have different sketches in them. That's what they are.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Each is a limited edition sketchbook that Steve released at Comic-Con. Age of S&M came out in 2006 and Effigy Mound in 2007. They have different content but the type of content is the same (i.e. concepts from various projects, doodles Steve has done in the past, parts of old comics, funny things the censors made them cut from the cartoon show).

The Age of S&M is going to sell out soon and will never be reprinted. Effigy Mound is newer and will probably be in stock for about a year still.

Does that help? :D
  • edited September 2007
    They might be worth a lot of money in the future on eBay?

;) :p
  • edited September 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    I'm not sure what else you want me to say :(

They're two different sketchbooks that have different sketches in them. That's what they are.
    I was bluffing. Guess you're not hiding anything.
    Emily wrote: »
    Each is a limited edition sketchbook that Steve released at Comic-Con. Age of S&M came out in 2006 and Effigy Mound in 2007. They have different content but the type of content is the same (i.e. concepts from various projects, doodles Steve has done in the past, parts of old comics, funny things the censors made them cut from the cartoon show).

The Age of S&M is going to sell out soon and will never be reprinted. Effigy Mound is newer and will probably be in stock for about a year still.

Does that help? :D
    So how many copies of the Age of S&M are still in stock? Think there'll still be a copy on Monday when my card will have money in it?
  • edited September 2007
    Well... one of the two may emit a virus that will destroy mankind as we know it, but I won't tell you which one.

And we should have stock of the Age of S&M book through Monday.
  • edited September 2007
    One has season two spoilers! :D

...I just forget which. '-'
  • edited September 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    One has season two spoilers! :D

...I just forget which. '-'

Probably the latest one, The Effigy Mound. :)
  • edited September 2007
    tabacco wrote: »
    Well... one of the two may emit a virus that will destroy mankind as we know it, but I won't tell you which one.

And we should have stock of the Age of S&M book through Monday.
    Maybe I shouldn't buy either, then. Wouldn't want to risk destroying mankind before Max has a chance to, would I?
  • edited September 2007
    im hoping some of the S&M book gets put into spudvision. If pixar and telltale ever leave steve alone maybe he will release ANOTHER sketch book of all his arts. Not just Sam n max !!

Purceeeellll where is spuddvisioonnn! Status report captain.

Btw you forgot to mention effigy mound is a bit thicker.

Both awesome books.
  • edited September 2007
    Hey, guys. I'm sorry to break it to you (not really), but Telltale says I'm their favourite. I even got the email to prove it.
  • edited September 2007
    Hey, guys. I'm sorry to break it to you (not really), but Telltale says I'm their favourite. I even got the email to prove it.

But... but... I thought I was their favourite. :( ;) I also have an e-mail to prove it.

500th post.
  • edited September 2007
    But... but... I thought I was their favourite. :( ;) I also have an e-mail to prove it.

500th post.

Wait what? I also have more than one email... :confused:

Hmm... don't look now guys, but I think we are being played here. :eek:

So Telltale, who really IS your favourite? :cool:
  • edited September 2007
    ME!!!

no we all are equally
  • edited September 2007
    Pretty sure they like me more than the rest of you guys. I can see it in their eyes.
  • edited September 2007
    I got an e-mail saying they liked me the most! Obviously I'm their favourite.
  • edited September 2007
    Aha! They sent me an email to say they hate my guts.

The fact they personalised the email just for me surely means I'm their favourite.
  • edited September 2007
    I bought more stuff than most people, they must like me more :D
  • edited September 2007
    Quuux wrote: »
    I bought more stuff than most people, they must like me more :D

I purchased their whole stock of every single items.
    Beat that!
  • edited September 2007
    i just got the shirt... the game, and the case file... but I think we're all geeky fanboys of sam & max so can we ALL be their favorite?

Though if I ever end up working for telltale... then I'll be the greatest fanboy.... OF THEM ALL...
Sign in to comment in this discussion.