The Robot in Season 2

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
Well Ive seen the trailers but I was wondering...I swear ive seen that robot before. Was in season 1? If so where, and im also curious if it will be in the game or if it was just there for effect. Stupid question I know XD

Comments

• edited September 2007
    You can briefly see its head as it walks by the window at the start of episode 5.
  • edited September 2007
    oh yeah...I renember now! thanks =3
  • edited September 2007
    President Max and his damned giant robots!
  • edited September 2007
    I wonder how much the trailer represents what we'll be getting in Season Two. I mean, Emily mentioned that the only reason Abe and Sybil are eating cheese, an apple and soda is that they were the food models they had available at the time (didn't feel like the meatball sandwich, I suppose). So it's possible that a pretty huge amount of the trailer is just something mashed together from Season One stuff.
  • edited September 2007
    I'm sure the robot will be in Season Two. Due to this really neat but I got in Episode 5, I saw that the robot was nothing more than a head, so I'm sure Telltale wouldn't bother making the body unless it would have use. That, combined with Jake's awkward aversion to the question of its being used at the convention must mean he'll be there. (Not your fault, Jake. ;) )
  • edited September 2007
    Kedri wrote: »
    I'm sure the robot will be in Season Two. Due to this really neat but I got in Episode 5, I saw that the robot was nothing more than a head, so I'm sure Telltale wouldn't bother making the body unless it would have use. That, combined with Jake's awkward aversion to the question of its being used at the convention must mean he'll be there. (Not your fault, Jake. ;) )

How did Jake get out of answering?
  • edited September 2007
    I dunno, but this is how he should have handled it :p:

Curious McGee: Will the giant battle robots play a part in season 2?

*Jake just slightly turns his head to the left and slyly lifts his right eyebrow*

Jake: You'll just have to wait and see. :cool:
  • edited September 2007
    How did Jake get out of answering?
    I can't remember, actually. I think it was that when I asked, his response was "Can't say," or something along those lines. You have to use Chistmas present guessing tactics, which is, guess something you know it isn't, so they'll eliminate it, then give the most probable one, so they'll say they "can't say". No good way to escape from there. :D
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Can't say if that's a good strategy.
  • edited September 2007
    tobar wrote: »
    I dunno, but this is how he should have handled it :p:

Curious McGee: Will the giant battle robots play a part in season 2?

*Jake just slightly turns his head to the left and slyly lifts his right eyebrow*

Jake: You'll just have to wait and see. :cool:

I would have just released the hounds on anyone who asked.
    edited September 2007
    We used up all the hounds at Comic-Con.
  • edited September 2007
    Hm, good timing for me, then. But it'll make things harder next PAX...

(By the way, I hope I'm not getting you in any trouble here, Jake.)
    edited September 2007
    You're fired!
  • edited September 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    You're fired!
    :eek:
  • edited September 2007
    We used up all the hounds at Comic-Con.

I'm sure you could just use a cage of bees or something.
    edited September 2007
    That's true. Bees are always preferable to hounds as far as "things to release on people" go.
  • edited September 2007
    How about hounds that shoot bees out of their mouths when they bark at you? Would that be better?

edit: 2 hours and no one else made this joke before I did? :O
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    d'oh
  • edited September 2007
    I had an idea...wasn't the robot maxs? cause maybe we could use it in the game like a tool? or play at the robot with sam and max inside?
  • edited September 2007
    Ooooo, the Mecha-Max from the cartoon show! Yes!
  • edited September 2007
    ..and a godzilla or power rangers style showdown, using super robots. :D

no...wait..wasn't there a scene like that in one of the later monkey islands? damn.
  • edited September 2007
    If there was, it's worth revisiting at least once but no more than twice. The whole giant robot kaiju thing is one of those gags that is both timeless and cring-worthy. At least in my book.
  • edited September 2007
    Maybe the Soda Poppers could have three robots that combine into one giant one. No doubt they'd fight endlessly over who gets to control what and what to do.
  • edited September 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Maybe the Soda Poppers could have three robots that combine into one giant one. No doubt they'd fight endlessly over who gets to control what and what to do.

Specs: "I want to be the head!"
    Peepers: "No me!"
    Wizzer: "Why am I always the legs?"
    Specs: "We already discussed this! You run the fastest!"
    Wizzer: "But that's only when I need to take time out for #1!"
    Peepers: "Well, I can see better than you, so I should be the head!"
    Specs: "But I'm the smart one, and the smart one is known as the brain, and the brain is in the head, which means I get to be the head!"

Sam: "It's times like these I'm glad my mother's canine instinst took over when she ate my other brothers and sisters because they were smaller than me."
    Max: "I knew that whole 'I was an only child growing up' thing was just an act!"

Sorry, was bored...
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    :D

I wonder if that happens how many times Specs will ask to combine the robots again because "You made me mess up"
  • edited September 2007
    Zeek wrote: »
    Ooooo, the Mecha-Max from the cartoon show! Yes!

I would LOVE to see the return of MEGAMAX 3000!
    MEGAMAX300.jpg
    edited September 2007
    He makes a return in illustration form in The Effigy Mound, in original and crazy steampunk version! Buy today!
  • edited September 2007
    He makes a return in illustration form in The Effigy Mound, in original and crazy steampunk version! Buy today!

Man, I need more moneys...
  • edited September 2007
    of course, one money can never be enough. you definitely need at least two to be satisfied...
  • edited September 2007

"Steampunk version"? You mean the version that's all black and has the badge on it?
    edited September 2007
    I think so. It's got all sorts of piping weird different detail and stuff as well.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.