HTR opening sequence made fun of

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
RiffTrax just released a DIY studio and rapscallion that I am, I just had to do this...

http://www.cuts.com/cut/cce82ab916/

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Wow, so lame... they're just talking over it making stupid jokes.
  • edited September 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    Wow, so lame... they're just talking over it making stupid jokes.
    What did you expect? That's what I expected.
    It's like watching a Let's Play. Some dude playing a game whilst making snide remarks. Fun!
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Reminds me of going to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. :D

(Do people still do that or am I showing my age?)
  • edited September 2007
    Oh I always wanted to go there.
    But I guess I'm still too young:D

the video dosen't work for me
  • edited September 2007
    I've only got the video working the one time, but it happened to be just before the page refreshed (I'd F5'd it because it didn't seem to be loading. How wrong I was).

Every time after that, I've left it for ten minutes plus to no avail.
  • edited September 2007
    I was wrong, it works. But it needed a loooong time to load
  • edited September 2007
    Rifftrax is the best. The guys that used to do MST3K are now bringing back the spirit of the show through mp3 commentaries for big budget movies and then actual dvd releases for the old movies like the show. The do it yourself rifftrax are just samples of the guys that people can then use to play over any video they want. The actual riffs that they do are hilarious.
  • edited September 2007
    That was intensely frustrating to watch. It was as though the guy was determined to hate it from the outset (although I'm presuming he had in fact watched it and rehearsed his 'jokes' several times before recording), yet he justified nothing he said in criticism.
  • edited September 2007
    That was intensely frustrating to watch. It was as though the guy was determined to hate it from the outset (although I'm presuming he had in fact watched it and rehearsed his 'jokes' several times before recording), yet he justified nothing he said in criticism.

Dude, it's all prerecorded dialog. The voice you hear has never seen the video.
  • edited September 2007
    Ah. Hehe, thank you. That does explain why I was sure some of the phrases he repeated did actually sound exactly the same!
  • edited September 2007
    Haha yeah, that's pretty funny.

"Robot Rump?? Aww, I was hoping it would be about robot rumps..."
  • edited September 2007
    Rifftrax is great. It can't replace MST3K, but it's a welcome substitute. Mike Nelson is funny, and that's all there is to it.
  • edited September 2007
    Have you tried the Film Crew Udvarnoky?
  • edited September 2007
    The DVDs are on my list.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.