Just Finished Full Throttle

edited September 2007 in General Chat
For the first time, and all I can say is WOW, that game was awesome! Now I'm even more disapointed that Lucasarts Hates anything that isn't Star Wars.

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Not true!!

They have one or two Indiana Jones things on the side. :P
  • edited September 2007
    Fine, Lucasarts hates anything that doesn't involve Harrison Ford in any remote way.
  • edited September 2007
    kedri?? Lucasarts rain tails between their legs at anything not related to star wars.. isnt that one reason telltale exists LOL.
    Yeaaaa...
    Full throttle rocked.. to bad the 2nd didnt pan out but from the talk of it even the old timers thought it wouldnt turn out.. then again they said there would never be a sam & max game and here ya are.

Lol
  • edited September 2007
    Full Throttle is amazing. Hell on Wheels was looking horrible though. Who knows how it would have turned out...

The other cancelled sequel "Payback" looked alot better even though all that was released were some concept art peices.
  • edited September 2007
    full throttle is probably my favourite non British adventure game bar none
  • edited September 2007
    I borrowed Full Throttle off a friend when I was 9 or something, but never got past the part where you're riding up and down on the bike.

I remember the part with the dog in the scrap yard pretty well.
  • edited September 2007
    I loved the way that Ben's jaw would drop when the dog came near. Cracks me up every time.
  • edited September 2007
    Silly Bob wrote: »
    Fine, Lucasarts hates anything that doesn't involve Harrison Ford in any remote way.

Well, everyone loves Harrison Ford. LOVES HIM.
  • edited September 2007
    Well, everyone loves Harrison Ford. LOVES HIM.

You do have a point, he may play the same character every single time, but he's good at playing that same character.
  • edited September 2007
    Silly Bob wrote: »
    You do have a point, he may play the same character every single time, but he's good at playing that same character.

Every character is just Harrison Ford. The character itself is irrelevant. I worship him.
  • edited September 2007
    Then why do you have murray as your avatar?
  • edited September 2007
    Melcadrien wrote: »
    Then why do you have murray as your avatar?

Because he is an evil all powerful demonic force who must be obeyed. He talks to me you see.
  • edited September 2007
    Because he is an evil all powerful demonic force who must be obeyed. He talks to me you see.

Not Harrison Ford, he asked you about Murray.:D
  • edited September 2007
    Full Throttle always seems like a flawed masterpiece to me. Yea, I'm that guy. Everybody loves the thing, except for me.

Don't get me wrong, the game certainly has a great story, great character, a great world, a kick-ass soundtrack, and it just oozes with style.

But in the end, it just feels to me like a case of style over substance. The game feels too short. You talk to very few people, go to very few places, and there isn't even much dialog, even though what's there IS wonderful to listen to.

But the biggest problem to me, is the freaking puzzles. Aside from the desert bit where you have to upgrade your bike, they're so dull, simplistic and uninspired. I payed 50 bucks for this game, and beat it in less than two weekdays. I don't appreciate that.

Honestly, I appreciate Schafer's attempt to come up with a unique cinematic experience, but he failed. Grim Fandago was the way he found to pay for his sin: Amazing puzzles, huge, epic story, full of memorable characters, and dialog. Lots and lots of dialog.
  • edited September 2007
    I agree in that the game is short. Too bad a sequel never surfaced though the non adventure game one that was cancelled sounded more like a biker racing game.
  • edited September 2007
    urmm no joke but... I half agree half dont.
    The game was in a sense short... hell hop over to mixnmojo and see a video of someone playing it through super fast.

Check this out.. I paid 49.99 for Mario Bros on NES... and it took me all of 38 min or something to beat.. soo yeaaa. In terms of cost it was well worth the average price for a game. Also in relation to other adventures.. plop a walkthrough in your lap and play sam and max hit the road... or any old sierra/lucas game for that matter.
    But on the half that agrees.. it coulda been more... but it in no way fell short(expectation wise) to me...

Grim fandango.. lol still one of my fav games.. even with the odd controls its just great all around. If I had to pick 50$ for grim or 50 for full throttle limited edition.. id still take the full throttle bandanna edition :P but game wise, Grim ftw. Just hilarious.
  • edited September 2007
    Kaldire wrote: »

Grim fandango.. lol still one of my fav games.. even with the odd controls its just great all around. If I had to pick 50$ for grim or 50 for full throttle limited edition.. id still take the full throttle bandanna edition :P but game wise, Grim ftw. Just hilarious.

I actually liked Grim's controls alot, when they used the same controls on EMI they didn't feel right though, but I also hold Grim Fandango up above Full Throttle, though I loved Full Throttle.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.