Oh no! My CD Soundtrack is falling appart!

edited September 2007 in Sam & Max
The little plastic thingies that keep the CD in and help it pop out are apparently so cheap and fragile, that half of them have already broken off since I got my order about a month ago or so. This is a minor annoyance, but it does put the CDs at greater risk of getting scrached up.

Thing is, I also own several CDs that have the fancy "push button" holder that is found with the Season 1 DVD case.

If I may, can I suggest that you guys at Telltale kindly use that option if you choose to make another CD soundtrack set?

Comments

• edited September 2007
    there is a name for the little plastic thingies...unfortunately i can't remember.
    are you sure the cd-case didn't take a few hits while being shipped? mine are still okay after some abuse and the quality seems good as well..
  • edited September 2007
    The case itself is fine. It's those holders on the plastic part that keep the CD in place that are breaking off.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Hm I haven't heard anyone else having this issue yet, so I don't think it's a widespread manufacturing epidemic, but I too have had the little teeth things break off of my CD holders, and it's very annoying.

I'll look into some other options for future soundtracks, but I don't know how many different types they make for that particular style of case.
  • edited September 2007
    Whatever you guys choose avoid the ones that can't be pressed in and rely on grabbing the outer surface & tugging. I've nearly broken discs just trying to get the damn things out :P
  • edited September 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    Hm I haven't heard anyone else having this issue yet, so I don't think it's a widespread manufacturing epidemic, but I too have had the little teeth things break off of my CD holders, and it's very annoying.

I'll look into some other options for future soundtracks, but I don't know how many different types they make for that particular style of case.

Yeah, they've broken on about two of my CDs.
    I think it's just luck if they break or not (unless you chuck them agaisnt the wall, or something). ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Zeek, PM me your address and I'll send you a new case.
  • edited September 2007
    backslash wrote: »
    Whatever you guys choose avoid the ones that can't be pressed in and rely on grabbing the outer surface & tugging. I've nearly broken discs just trying to get the damn things out :P
    Well, they make CD cases now with that Pop button used in the Season 1 DVD case TTG made. They don't rely on grabbing the CD and tugging it so much as they rely on you being able to press the button down hard enough to make the CD pop off it. And I have yet to break one of those.
    Emily wrote: »

Wow!! I appreciate the gesture! Now that's customer service!
  • edited September 2007
    I've noticed the same thing on mine. It's a bit weird; the holder for CD 1 has all the teeth, but the CD falls out pretty easily, whilst the CD 2 one is missing a tooth but still manages to hold on to the disc.

It's not really a huge deal; I've already ripped both discs to high-quality OGG, and it's not like I'm going to be using the case as some sort of deadly bright yellow attack discus.

But yeah; in future, something a little less disc-falling-out-and-oh-crap-its-run-under-the-desk-the-sneaky-bugger-y would be good :)

P.S. The Season One DVD, Soundtrack and Case File were more than worth every single cent spent on them. Let me know when you're ready to start taking orders for Season Two so I can give you all my monies :p
  • edited September 2007

This is soo awesome..where else do you get a comparable service these days? And for relatively low priced items. Other companies sell products that cost several thousand dollars and you're lucky when they don't shoot you in the back, when asking for service.
    I can't wait to buy from Telltale again..
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Other companies sell products that cost several thousand dollars and you're lucky when they don't shoot you in the back, when asking for service.

:D

"Excuse me, this semiconductor you sold me is broken..."
    "Turn around." *boom*

It's like Pip the orphan asking for more gruel (or was that Oliver Twist?)
  • edited September 2007
    :D

"Excuse me, this semiconductor you sold me is broken..."
    "Turn around." *boom*

It's like Pip the orphan asking for more gruel (or was that Oliver Twist?)

It was Oliver because he lost a bet or something along that lines. It's been a while since I read anything Dickens.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.