Gigs/concerts

edited September 2007 in General Chat
i am wondering how many people on this forum actively go to gigs/concerts and which ones you have in the near future

i have
InMe 19/09
dream theater 13/10

UK dates (ie dd/mm)

Comments

• edited September 2007
    coulda sworn there was a music thread but..
    Im pushin past 30 and I love live shows .. (no rap or country please)
    I have a bad bad case of tinnitus.. caused by a compressed nerve so all day I hear ringing at 30-40DB above threshold.. if you know what that means you either have it or are an audiologist :P
    Anyway bands management more and more just pisses me off.. its not about music anymore or making people happy.. its about sales. Which is why I like punk, yes I know punk IS dead.. but, we will call it Indie. Fav bands are The Action Design, Bad Religion/Pennywise/NoFx
    Just got back from 2 tAD shows and a horrorpops show.
    If I could I get to the leeds in uk or whatever they call it..
  • edited September 2007
    there is a favourite bands thread but this one is purely for live music
  • JonJon Former Telltale Staff
    edited September 2007
    i saw The Bravery 2 days ago, in a couple of days i'm going to see The Sounds, and i was going to see The White Stripes but that's cancelled :(
  • edited September 2007
    I *was* going to go to Ozzfest, but the tickets were gone before I could secure one. Then I was going to go see Manson, but it was way too expensive. And so, my "haven't-been-to-a-concert-yet" streak goes on. :P
  • edited September 2007
    I try, but lately I haven't been. I went to a huge week long music festival this summer though and got my fill.
    Clip of one of my favourite shows
  • MelMel
    edited September 2007
    It's been almost 9 years, but I would so love to see Eddie From Ohio live again.
  • edited September 2007
    Last concert I went to was Roger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon tour in London in 2006. I have to get out to more of these things.
  • edited September 2007
    Alas, I haven't been to a concert for a while. Last one was um.. REM in Hyde park I think.
  • edited September 2007
    AllenB wrote: »
    Last concert I went to was Roger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon tour in London in 2006. I have to get out to more of these things.

I went to Roger Waters' Dark Side of the Moon-concert in Stavanger, Norway in 2006, and I stood in the front row. That was amazing! :cool:
  • edited September 2007
    Sure! Roskilde festival, 1 week of rock and drugs, each summer. Last two concerts were Gillian Welch (one of the best shows Ive seen) and the opera Les contes d'Hoffmann, which turned out to be pretty trippy.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.