DEMANDING A Fix To My Episode Downloading Problems! (Walking Dead)

edited November 2012 in Game Support
I have a simple request: If anyone who has a SURE fix for the episode downloading problems on the Mac (I would specifically ask for a TTG employee, but I know that they have not been responding at all to these inquires), I would like it to be known.

I've tried the "Inofficial" way of fixing the problem with absolutely no luck. If I don't have this problem fixed EXTREMELY soon (I would probably say end of day today, starting from 7:00 PM Central Time USA), I will tell my fellow Mac users wishing to download a TellTale product that not only is the episode downloading system on this device broken, but I will also criticize the customer service that has been provided to me so far (which is none).

If there is no REAL fix, I will also demand a reimbursement from TTG in the form of credit so I can download the game from Steam or another platform that would be guaranteed to work.

In closing, I LOVED Episode 1 of The Walking Dead, but this error I keep encountering has be extremely, EXTREMELY annoyed, and I feel that this has been a waste of money. I know I'll love the other episodes, but if I can't access them, then what is the point?

Expecting a prompt response,

- Joey

Comments

• edited September 2012
    You won't be getting a reply... Telltale have the worst customer service I've ever seen.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah TellTale needs to get better customer service and answer the questions and fix the issues of the fans who buy the product that keeps them in business.

Its sad cause the games they make are top notch and they are really winning brownie points with me by making the games not only downloadable but also later on via disc for those of us who collect. But who knows as they grow maybe the issues of the poor customer service will change.
  • edited October 2012
    576429_155953571213621_1664603740_n.jpg

I feel your pain fellow Mac Users...My downloads always stop at 99% it is the biggest pain in the neck. This is absolutely ridiculous that they won't fix this.
  • edited October 2012
    I am a Mac user and I have the same issue as well. When I first bought the game a month ago, I was able to download episodes 2-3 without any issues. But now, I simply cannot download episodes 4, with it being stuck at 99%.

I tried to use the advice from the unofficial solution thread, but it just doesn't work. I really hope that Telltale will fix this soon.
  • edited October 2012
    Trust me, 360 users are getting a nice kick in the dick as well
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    The official patch for the disconnection issue is out now. Restarting the game will download and install it automatically. Afterwards you should be able to download the episodes.
  • edited October 2012
    thank god its fixed. about time TTG
  • edited October 2012
    Even now this 'patch' has been added, when I restart the game it still doesn't download properly and gets stuck on 10%. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I've got it on pc.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Mandosaro wrote: »
    Even now this 'patch' has been added, when I restart the game it still doesn't download properly and gets stuck on 10%. Anyone have any ideas how to fix it? I've got it on pc.

Could you, just as a test, create a new windows user account, and try if the download finishes there?
  • edited October 2012
    Would i not lose my saves if i did that?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Would i not lose my saves if i did that?

Not by just creating an additional windows account. You should keep your current windows account of course, which has your saves in it.

The new account is just to test if it works on an untouched windows account.
  • edited October 2012
    Cool ok. How do I make a new windows account without having to make a new user on the pc? Sorry as I feel this is a dumb question, I'm just not that techy.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Cool ok. How do I make a new windows account without having to make a new user on the pc? Sorry as I feel this is a dumb question, I'm just not that techy.

Depending on the context it might be the same thing. It's probably better if we don't try it, if you are not familiar with it.
    I don't want to risk messing anything up you couldn't recover by yourself.
  • edited November 2012
    Hey DJ, is the patch you're talking about only for the PC? Because I have a Mac...
This discussion has been closed.