Oh no! UK retail is only in english!

edited October 2007 in Sam & Max
As you may know, I've bought the UK retail, because I thought the french subtitles and voices were in! But no! :(

Emily said all the european had the four language in, but apparently not in the UK version!

What should I do? I don't want to rebuy a french version (I don't have money for, hey, i'm only 15! :p )

Hope you can help me, I'm a bit sad about that, i was waiting to have the game in french since months...

Comments

• edited September 2007
    Return it
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    I'm sorry, I was wrong. :(

Apparently UK is English only. Versions sold in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain do include the English (as well as French and German voice and Italian subtitles).

I agree, return it if you can. Sorry for the goof.
  • edited September 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    Versions sold in France, Germany, Italy, and Spain do include the English (as well as French and German voice and Italian subtitles).

(and Spanish subtitles)
    edited September 2007
    No Spanish subtitles. Only the packaging is in Spanish.
  • edited September 2007
    Oh yeah, now I see...

launcher.jpg

"Voices in English, subtitles in English"... what a strange "Spanish" version :confused:

And yet, the file sizes differ... does it maybe have spanish menus?
  • edited September 2007
    probably the variable-names in the program-code are in spanish?:D
  • edited September 2007
    It was difficult to persuade my father to return the game (It's a bit expensive to return it in england), but it's okay, I will return it saurday...

But I'm still a bit sad, because I don't know if my father will let me rerebuy the game in french... I hope I will go on a supermarket next week, and that "Micromania" will have the game!

I hope that the game will be a success in France too, Good Luck to everyone at Telltale, everyone should love your games :p !
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited September 2007
    Oh yeah, now I see...
    And yet, the file sizes differ... does it maybe have spanish menus?

The different is just a few kilobytes, and it's because the one thing the Spanish one had to have was, I believe, a Spanish EULA and a Spanish ReadMe. Heh!

Also, lerenwe, I'm really sorry for your troubles!
  • edited September 2007
    lerenwe wrote: »
    It was difficult to persuade my father to return the game (It's a bit expensive to return it in england), but it's okay, I will return it saurday...

But I'm still a bit sad, because I don't know if my father will let me rerebuy the game in french... I hope I will go on a supermarket next week, and that "Micromania" will have the game!

I hope that the game will be a success in France too, Good Luck to everyone at Telltale, everyone should love your games :p !

Try asking for a refund for the postage/shipping cost. For example, Amazon usually refund it, no questions asked.
  • edited September 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    The different is just a few kilobytes, and it's because the one thing the Spanish one had to have was, I believe, a Spanish EULA and a Spanish ReadMe. Heh!

Also, lerenwe, I'm really sorry for your troubles!

Bah, I know it's not your fault, I was a bit sad because I really love sam and max and I was so excited to have it in my maternal language... But that's nothing, now I just have to wait two more weeks for the official french release. Oh, I'm gettin' impatient!
  • edited October 2007
    i haven't bought the game already but i'm planning to do it very soon,since i played a couple of demos of this Season 1 and they are terrific.....thankfully sam & max are back again,i was waiting this moment since 1993!

my question is: is it possible to play the game with english voices and italian subs? Or you have italian subs only if you play the game with italian voices?
    edited October 2007
    There are no Italian voices. The Italian option is English voices with Italian subtitles.
  • edited October 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    There are no Italian voices. The Italian option is English voices with Italian subtitles.

Thanks for the reply.... but i think i will buy the download version via TellTale webiste...you will still ship the dvd to italy won't you? :p

PS: bought it! big time! Season 1 plus sketchbook S&M,plus Effigy Mound.....plus the Case File (a bit of gadgets won't hurt) :eek::D
    Can't wait to get started!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.