How many times have you played each episode?

Okay, let's ignore my other thread... I decided a poll of the season wasn't a bright idea.

How many times have you played each episode of the season? For me it is:
Ep1: 2
Ep2: 2
Ep3: 2
Ep4: 1 (playing at the moment)
Ep5: 1
Ep6: 1

I'm actually halfway through replaying the season. :)

Comments

• edited September 2007
    I'm still playing through the season for my first time. I finished Episode 1 recently.
  • edited September 2007
    I've lost count.
    But I do know that between the release of Episode 1 and 2 I played Culture Shock about four times. The rest of the season is kind of like that, usually about 3-5 between episode releases. Then about twice all the way through the season after the release of the final episodes.
  • edited September 2007
    I wouldn't be able to do that - it'd be too repetitive for me.
  • edited September 2007
    Hmm...I'd say two for all but Situation: Comedy, which I've only played once. I've gotten through half of it three times, though...and Culture Shock would be around 4 times.
  • edited September 2007
    I played every epsiode once so far.
    But i think i will play them a second time soon.

I can't wait for the second season.
    I need my dose of Sam and Max!! :D
  • edited September 2007
    I WAS gonna play through them all again, but then a couple things happened:

1. I realized I was still getting a really bad bug in Episode 1 (although I haven't tried it again with the DVD...)
    2. I stopped using my Desktop computer, leaving me with... a WIDESCREEN laptop. :(

Widescreen support for Season 1 would be a much appreciated update...
  • edited September 2007
    I only played each episode once. But don't take that the wrong way, I do that with all adventure games.
  • edited September 2007
    Hi. Thanks for saying the same thing TWICE. :rolleyes:
  • jmmjmm
    edited September 2007
    three times downloadables, three times DVD version (TT version)
  • edited September 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    Hi. Thanks for saying the same thing TWICE. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about?
  • edited September 2007
    Enough to where no other application can take their place in the section of the start menu that quick links to the most used programs on the computer. Hell, not even my word processers have knocked them out, and I've been writing papers like mad for the last few weeks!
  • edited September 2007
    I've played them all at least twice, I think I've played a couple of them more than that but I'm not entirely sure.
  • edited September 2007
    Every spare minute of my time is spent playing season one. I recite the dialoge in my sleep and spontaneously break out in song!

Actually I've only played each episode once, but I plan on doing it again!
  • edited September 2007
    Once each, I believe. I'm starting to get the urge to play them again, though.
  • edited September 2007
    2 times on the downloads, and since I got the DVD, I've done Ep 1 again, and am part way through ep 2... more than likely I will stop the 'replaying' when the new Season is available, as computer games are very low on my priority list of things to do.... but new Sam and Max is worth bumping it up the list a bit :)
  • edited September 2007
    I actually like playing through the series over and over again. It takes me about an hour or so to get through an episode and it's more enjoyable than most of the stuff on TV nowadays, so it's kind of my favorite TV show!:D
  • edited September 2007
    Too many times. I've got every episode's walkthrough commited to memory. (No I never looked them up.)
  • edited September 2007
    i just finished playing through all the episodes for the second time.... i must admit, im really sick of the city streets, the office, sybils and boscos. when i reflect on playing the game, it seemed like 70% of the time spent in those locations.
  • edited September 2007
    One time for each episode. Got already fed up with the same locations and characters especially in the first episodes as well. If there would be enough time i somehow could imagine playing 5 and 6 for a second time, mainly due to the arcades and the moon.
  • edited September 2007
    Marty wrote: »
    i just finished playing through all the episodes for the second time.... i must admit, im really sick of the city streets, the office, sybils and boscos. when i reflect on playing the game, it seemed like 70% of the time spent in those locations.

Seconded. I hope there's some major changes to the street and Sybil's.
  • edited September 2007
    Seconded. I hope there's some major changes to the street and Sybil's.

You guys got bored of Boscos & Sybils? They are the highlights of the game for me. The streets however, I 100% agree with you.
  • edited September 2007
    Jay33e wrote: »
    You guys got bored of Boscos & Sybils? They are the highlights of the game for me. The streets however, I 100% agree with you.

Of course. They always had the exact same things in each time, bar minor changes.
  • edited September 2007
    Yeah, an NPC or two on the streets more often could make things more interesting.
  • edited September 2007
    Bosco is kind of interesting as a character. It would be interesting seeing him in other situations as just always in his shop. Sybil is boring in my opinion and the Soda Poppers were only annoying. I won't burst out in tears if i won't see them again...
  • edited September 2007
    taumel wrote: »
    Bosco is kind of interesting as a character. It would be interesting seeing him in other situations as just always in his shop. Sybil is boring in my opinion and the Soda Poppers were only annoying. I won't burst out in tears if i won't see them again...

I wouldn't miss Sybil if she was gone, but I'd miss Bosco.
  • edited September 2007
    I wouldn't miss Sybil if she was gone, but I'd miss Bosco.

I'd miss them both, especially Sybil shes my fav (apart from Sam & Max naturally) but the Soda Poppers I hope they dont popup in the 2nd season, as they really annoyed me.
  • edited September 2007
    @Guybrush Threepwood
    Hope i wasn't misunderstood. I would like to see Bosco too but if i had the choice i would prefer to see him in other locations/situations. I just wanted to get rid of Sybil and the Soda Poppers.
  • edited September 2007
    Jay33e wrote: »
    I'd miss them both, especially Sybil shes my fav (apart from Sam & Max naturally) but the Soda Poppers I hope they dont popup in the 2nd season, as they really annoyed me.

I read they have a really small part. I like the Soda Poppers, they were funny, but their time has probably passed.

taumel, I wasn't directing my comment at you as such, I was just adding my opinion to what you said. If that makes sense. :D
  • edited September 2007
    Ahh okay... :O)
  • edited September 2007
    I haven't played them each over that much, but I did play Culture shock for over 8 hours....

...it was during the night Harry Potter came out! What can I say?
  • edited September 2007
    I've played episodes 1-5 once, I haven't played ep 6 yet. I'm not oozing with excitement, since I don't really care about going through the same Bosco/Street/Office/Sybil's locations again. Clicking on the same things again to see if I need to use them to solve a puzzle. Buying a questionable item from Bosco for .. a trillion dollars or something.

I also don't care to try to get an item from Jimmy that he is refusing to give up.

I'm not really interested in listening to Sybil talking about her new job.

I do hope Season 2 delivers much more in terms of variety. I feel like playing the same episode over and over again, except for a small difference in the ending. The Abe Lincoln episode was the one with the most difference. Reality 2.0 was a real letdown (it was okay but I expected more from the hype I read about it).

I liked the Bone episode structure more, where things actually move along.
  • WillWill Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Ep1: ~15 times
    Ep2: ~25
    Ep3: ~30
    Ep4: ~40
    Ep5: ~30
  • edited October 2007
    Will wrote: »
    Ep1: ~15 times
    Ep2: ~25
    Ep3: ~30
    Ep4: ~40

You couldn't have really played them that many times. Could you?
    edited October 2007
    Heh, I was the lead tester at GameTap. If anything, those estimates are on the low side.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Do you dream of Sam & Max sometimes? They must be thoroughly embedded in your subconscious by now (the same could be said of the designers and professional testers at Telltale).
  • edited October 2007
    That could just be the tattoos inside his eyelids.
  • edited October 2007
    Episode 1 - 1.5
    All the rest only once. (There are just too many games out there to play to spend enough time to play them again)
  • edited October 2007
    Twice.
  • edited October 2007
    Will wrote: »
    Heh, I was the lead tester at GameTap. If anything, those estimates are on the low side.

That must have totally ruined the episodes for you?
    edited October 2007
    Amazingly I still love them. It really is interesting to watch games change as they develop. And just when you think you get tired of a joke, the voices get added in and it changes everything. Then the music gets a new layer and suddenly everything is new again.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.