Save files gone

edited October 2012 in Game Support
Hi...

I have the walking dead for my PC on steam. Tonight, i went to see if episode 4 came out. Upon running the game and checking the status, steam notifies me that it has to do something with the files to make the game run better, i didn't think anything of it and allowed it to run its course. When the game finally booted up, all my saved files were DELETED. Nothing, all my progress, gone. Why did this happen? I didn't I was waiting for episode 4 and now I am being forced to redo ALL of the episodes from scratch again? That's a good 6 hours wasted..please tell me there is a way to recover..

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Depending on your Windows Version and settings you might be able to recover the folder
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    by right clicking it, selecting "settings", and restoring a previous version .
  • edited October 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Depending on your Windows Version and settings you might be able to recover the folder
    %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead
    by right clicking it, selecting "settings", and restoring a previous version .

It says that there's no previous versions.
    Is there a way to fix this? Or do I have to re-play all 6 hours of the game to get back to where I was before? :/
    Also, I clicked NO for the Randomized decisions, because I wasnt aware of the glitch before, and thought the saved data wasnt there.
This discussion has been closed.