TWD: Game's broken, had to delete all saves, can't play EP 4

edited October 2012 in Game Support
So, the game utterly broke down on me now. I'm playing on the Mac.

Game wouldn't carry over my data to Episode 4, so I tried to rewind to the very end of Episode 3 to fix it. Instead, it took me all the way back to the beginning and deleted my progress.

And then after that, every time I try to access an episode past Episode 1, it asks me if I want to rewind, even though I have no saved progress there anymore. Then whether I say yes or no, the game locks up completely and I have to shut down my computer. Deleting my saves did nothing, and every attempt to start an episode is completely broken; it either freezes, or drops me right into a random scene from the episode.

Now I can't even access Episode 4, it just says "Coming Soon."

Re-installing the game just broke it even worse and now I have random deleted save files spawning back into existence.

So, my game's completely broken and almost completely unplayable, my saves are gone (except when they're not, and they're still broken) and I can't do anything at all anymore. I uninstalled it again because if it's not going to work at all, I won't bother keeping it installed.

I won't make it a secret, I'm a bit utterly enraged by this. I tolerated the constant graphical glitches and the glitchy controls and the stuttering. But now all my hours of gameplay has vanished and I can't even try again.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Same problem, but on the 360. Do something Telltale, I love this series to death, but this is just stupid.
  • edited October 2012
    This problem happened to me as well. Lost all of my saves on the PS3
  • edited October 2012
    Well, I re-installed the game again. And I managed to boot up Episode 4 and play it. I don't know what the condition of the rest of the game is, and I'll find out tomorrow. Too tired tonight.
  • edited October 2012
    Plays like shit on my mac. For the first hour I had random crashes, but now I can load my save file, becausethe game freezes during loading... Could you please fix it?
  • edited October 2012
    Zaka51 wrote: »
    I won't make it a secret, I'm a bit utterly enraged by this. I tolerated the constant graphical glitches and the glitchy controls and the stuttering. But now all my hours of gameplay has vanished and I can't even try again.
    For what it might be worth, can you just install episode 4 and play it? The game will assign a bunch of random decisions to fill in the blanks of any choices you needed to make in previous episodes.

Frankly, it probably doesn't make any difference. Especially if the mac is like the pc in this regard it won't carry over your decisions between episodes. Further, you can be very, very kind and considerate to Kenny and he'll just turn his back on you at a key point, so it's not as though--even when it remembers you--the software makes any sense of your behavior.
This discussion has been closed.