I am enlightened

edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
Last night while I was sitting up pondering the meaning of life and wondering what I should do to relieve boredom, I had a religious experience.

I was sitting up alone, it must have been early morning by this time. And suddenly I heard out of the blue, an echo-y giggle... Looking around to see who or what it was, I saw nothing. But the identity of the giggler was soon revealed, as the voice came again, saying "Hi, I'm Hugh Bliss!" However, then all was silent and I soon fell asleep.

Was this a genuine religious experience?

Am I level red yet?

Has anyone else had a Prismatological religious moment? :D

Comments

• edited September 2007
    I used to draw about 20 Hugh Bliss pictures a day, which can't have been good for my mental state. And I did (and still do) say "Hooray" in a Hugh Bliss voice at every opportunity.
  • edited September 2007
    Whenever I need to get somewhere, I just *poof* there instead of walking.
  • edited September 2007
    I was actually serious when I posted this! Feel free to call the men in the white coats. Just as long as they also wear rainbow ties...

Oh I was going to draw Hugh Bliss but I never got around to it, and I do speak like him sometimes when I have the opportunity. I tend to annoy my girlfriend by saying "Hi, I'm Hugh Bliss!" every time she says hi. I win the best boyfriend award!
  • edited September 2007
    So you got that going for ya'. Which is nice.
  • edited October 2007
    Yeah. If you're serious, there's two possibilities.

1. You were dreaming and didn't notice. Seems the most likely, all things considered. I sometimes have trouble remembering what was a dream and what wasn't...

2. You're schizo. I hope not.
  • edited October 2007
    3. Hugh Bliss really is trying to welcome you into Prismatology.
  • jmmjmm
    edited October 2007
    4. You actually drank some coffee from Bosco's
  • edited October 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    4. You actually drank some coffee from Bosco's

*falls on the back and starts laughing maniacally*
  • edited October 2007
    5. All of the above! ALL OF THE ABOVE!
  • edited October 2007
    I was actually serious when I posted this! Feel free to call the men in the white coats. Just as long as they also wear rainbow ties...

Oh I was going to draw Hugh Bliss but I never got around to it, and I do speak like him sometimes when I have the opportunity. I tend to annoy my girlfriend by saying "Hi, I'm Hugh Bliss!" every time she says hi. I win the best boyfriend award!

Well let's just take a look at your user, name Mr. Flibble himself is the product of a deranged mind (do you sit around in checkered dresses with pigtails?) so the fact that you would hallucinate a the voice of Hugh Bliss doesn't surprise me. Though I will admit to having odd Hugh BLiss moments as well.
  • edited October 2007
    Silly Bob wrote: »
    Well let's just take a look at your user, name Mr. Flibble himself is the product of a deranged mind (do you sit around in checkered dresses with pigtails?) so the fact that you would hallucinate a the voice of Hugh Bliss doesn't surprise me. Though I will admit to having odd Hugh BLiss moments as well.

... High five. I was waiting for someone to get it :p
  • edited October 2007
    I used to have the odd Uncle Arnie moments when I was in school, when I'd use my HEX vision to shoot lasers at people with my eyes. On that note, here's something cool.

He's also a fantastic swimmer, he's not bald and his head doesn't glim-mer...
  • edited October 2007
    I used to have Tongue-Tied as my mobile ringtone, back when I used mobiles.
  • edited October 2007
    I think I just found heaven. It's impossible to find anyone who knows Red Dwarf online lol... Definitely reached true bliss now.

I don't even have a good enough phone to have such a ring tone... I think I did have Red Dwarf on it once but I doubt I still do.

Hmm haven't actually watched the show in a long time, despite the fact that I sleep with the DVDs. Wait, this is probably linked to the voices...

Fade out you stupid plimmer..
  • edited October 2007
    Red Dwarf theme (self-composed on my ancient mobile) is still the ringtone for my friends....

I still am not certain how you find it hard to find Red Dwarf fans online... maybe you just aren't talking to enough Brits or Ozzies :)

Let me get this straight... you want to fly on your magic carpet to go and see the King of the Potato People to beg for your freedom, and you think that you are the ones who are completely sane? Two hours WOO.
  • edited October 2007
    I took a midi of the Red Dwarf theme and imported onto my phone and I usually go through the entire series at least once or twice a year. Maybe somebody oughta to talk Bill Gates into financing the movie.:D
  • edited October 2007
    Well generally if I join a forum I end up not posting more than once, so that's forums out which means like half the opportunities to find people is gone. Finding it a little easier to post a little on here though. The only places I did go to only had a few Brits or Ozzies and they weren't interested in Red Dwarf. They were probably really sick.

So yeah, barely any forum, the couple I was on was mostly Americans. I actually converted several to Dwarfism though :D

With. Out. Oxygen. That'll teach you to be bread baskets.

EDIT:

Oh the movie. The thing with that is they insist on using the original cast, and as Norman Lovett says, he is the only one who's actually the right age for the part. That and the total lack of money.
  • edited October 2007
    It would be cool if Max told someone to smeg off. Even more disturbing than quoting Hugh Bliss, sometimes I get "i'mmmm ollld greg" in my head
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Though language and implied humor are taken a bit further than previous Sam & Max incarnations, I wouldn't expect "smeg" to appear anytime soon.
  • edited October 2007
    Don't tell me smeg is a dirty word.. how about frak? ;)
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Look it up on Urban Dictionary, check the third definition.
  • edited October 2007
    Max does have a smeghead, though.

--Erwin
  • edited October 2007
    Although smeg is technically short for the word we all know it's short for, the creators of Red Dwarf claimed they didn't know that at all... Haha...

It's just a brand of fridge after all. Nothing wrong with Smeg fridges.

The only game I remember hearing that word in is Simon the Sorcerer and the first game's Simon was voiced by Chris Barrie anyway...

FRIDGE!
  • edited January 2008
    i'm sorry for bumping. but i just wanted to say i am very thankful to some of the people in this topic. after hearing your posts about RD i decided to check it out, and i'm very glad i did ^-^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.