[TWD] Cannot replay episode 4 or rewind

edited October 2012 in Game Support
So I didn't do everything exactly right in Ep 4, and I want to replay it.

If I try to play episode 4 from my first save, I get the very end of the episode, not what I want. If I play ball,complete the episode, wait for credits, and go back to menu it states that all the episodes are 'coming soon'.

Also, I've never used it, but I can't seem to find the rewind feature. I assume this would solve my replay issues, but I can't seem to locate it.

I've dug around these forums a bit and can't seem find any help.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    You select the save slot, click "play", then you select the episode by using the arrows on top. On the bottom you should see "back, stats, rewind, continue".
    Choose "rewind" and select a chapter.
  • edited October 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    You select the save slot, click "play", then you select the episode by using the arrows on top. On the bottom you should see "back, stats, rewind, continue".
    Choose "rewind" and select a chapter.

Thank you for the response, but this did not solve my problem.

When I select a save it is labelled as "Episode 1". Now this is the only save I use so I know this can't be right at all. Loading it up I can rewind freely in episode 1 and it's chapters but this is not what I want to do. Upon exiting and attempting to load it again it's now flagged as an 'Episode 4' save, but all the episodes, except for the first one, say 'coming soon'.

EDIT: Poking around further in the forums I found THIS thread by user Remco32. The act of copying my preps.prop from the walking dead folder in my docs to the one in my steam folder made the correct saves appear upon game start and now I'm able to rewind in episode 4.

I may have to do this before every play from now one, but that's good enough for me.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    The "coming soon" issue is a weird one, and i don't know a save workaround for it.

On which platform are you playing? (PC, Mac, ...)?
  • edited October 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    The "coming soon" issue is a weird one, and i don't know a save workaround for it.

On which platform are you playing? (PC, Mac, ...)?

Windows XP 64-bit, steam version.

But the fix I edited into my previous post (copying the preps-prop file from it's my documents location to the steam location) worked great.
  • edited October 2012
    Well it seems something else came up.

I thought everything was fixed, but never tested it. I had some time earlier and wanted to replay, but now that's broken. While I can access my save file from the start of the game and select that I want to rewind, it constantly puts me at the very end of the episode instead of the spot I want to rewind to.

And after playing through the end it STILL marks all the other episodes as 'coming soon'.
This discussion has been closed.