[TWD] Connection lost while downloading data...

edited October 2012 in Game Support
I just bought Walking Dead for PC and played the first episode through. But now I am unable to continue the game because every time I try to download the next episode it hits me with "Connection lost while downloading data. Please ensure you have a working internet connection and re-attempt the download.".

It gets stuck to 0.00% every time! Doesn't event start downloading. And my internet connection is on and working fabulously (100/100 Mbs fiber)! I've re-tried countless times with no luck.

Any advices?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Mines been doing this as well!
  • edited October 2012
    I have the same problem too. Can anyone tell on how to download the episode successfully.
  • edited October 2012
    I have the same problem with episode 4. It should be out for PC by now. Can someone from Tell Tale please adress this problem. I sent you an e mail yesterday but you have not answered me.
  • edited October 2012
    Hey I keep trying to download episode 4 and it says to check my internet connection and that the connection was lost. My internet is just fine. What's going on? I WANT TO PLAY THIS EPISODE!!

Please get back to me soon I really want to play.
  • edited October 2012
    Isn't there someone from Telltale who reads this board? I do understand that it is complicated to organize a worldwide release, but when you give a date for a release we expect to be able to play the game. This actually ruined my evening.
  • edited October 2012
    Rebooted my modem and now my download started correctly.
    Time to play for me.
  • edited October 2012
    I emailed them, Ive been trying to download for two nights and today with same issue. They state they are working on solution and please refer to "issue 64096" when sending them emails about this.
  • edited October 2012
    You know, they just could provide a package with all published episodes readily installed.

There is not point having to download them one by one with inferior in-game download manager.
  • edited October 2012
    third day of this problem. someone told me to erase any data in the folder for episode 4 that may be in there, does nothing. i hate this.
  • edited October 2012
    Downloading the episode files manually like described here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33233 seems to work with the connection error.

The forum post is a bit imprecise - it seems that the ep4 files need to be downloaded to:
    %userprofile%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Data\WalkingDead104
    (i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Data\WalkingDead104)

Downloading all 9 ep4 files to this folder solved the problem for me (pressing the Get button responded immediately with 'Installed').
  • edited October 2012
    I am having the same problem. The download stops immediately and say I have no internet connection. The game has been out for 4 days now ....
  • edited October 2012
    hmork wrote: »
    Downloading the episode files manually like described here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33233 seems to work with the connection error.

The forum post is a bit imprecise - it seems that the ep4 files need to be downloaded to:
    %userprofile%\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Data\WalkingDead104
    (i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead\SyncFs\Data\WalkingDead104)

Downloading all 9 ep4 files to this folder solved the problem for me (pressing the Get button responded immediately with 'Installed').

here, there's no SyncsFs or WalkingDead104... thats what breaking my brain ><
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Here's a simple workaround for the instant "connection lost" issue.
  • edited October 2012
    Ok, after much effort and with the help of DjNDB and others, I finally got this problem fixed and was able to play Episode 4! Thanks guys! What I find incredibly ironic is that Telltale STILL don't have a solution, and yet it took users on here, the forum, who don't even work for Telltale to come up with a solution for everyone, whilst Telltale are still scratching their heads and ignoring e-mails! Seriously, sort it out TTL! I sincerely hope Episode 5 is not this difficult to download (Especially not after spending £25!). Either Telltale need to put these guys on the payroll, or they need to do a lot more brainstorming before announcing an episode as 'Released'. This took me 3 whole days before I could finally play it, and the final solution was offered without any assistance from Telltale themselves! This is just silly.......
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    The official patch for the disconnection issue is out now. Restarting the game will download and install it automatically. Afterwards you should be able to download the episodes.
This discussion has been closed.