Ankh - Game Menu?

edited October 2007 in Game Support
I recently installed this game in my computer. Everything seems to be runing fine, except I havent found a way to quit/save/load the game just yet.

Alt + tab doesnt seem to be working either.

I also looked for manuals in the game folder, but couldnt find it.

Can you guys please tell me how I can access the in game menu (once the game has lready started)?

Thanks,

Nick

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Hmm, sheesh I just finished it and can't even remember how to do it, lol
    Have you tried the Escape button?
  • edited October 2007
    Press Escape
  • edited October 2007
    For some reason, Escape isnt working. In fact, alt tab, ctr alt del, alt f4, arent working either. I tried these commands because Escape didnt work and I didnt know how to leave the game.

I've tried several settings, including different resolutions, shadow and texture quality. Nothing fixed the issue so far. The game keeps runing, but now with a flickering screen, with the Win XP windows in the background, going on and off. It's as if the game will always stay on top of every other window, at the game resolution, and theres no other way to go back to windows, leave/save/load the game unless I manually restart the computer.

I believe my drivers are up to date. I'm runng windows XP. My desktop resolution is 1600x1200 with a 75hrz refresh rate. I've got 2Gb ram, processor is Athlon 2.7+ with the latest Direct X.

Can anybody please help me solve this issue?

Thanks,

Nick.

EDIT: Graphic card is a GeForce 6600 GT
  • edited October 2007
    Looks like a faulty install. Try Reinstalling it, because it IS the ESCAPE button you use to get to Save menu.

Alt+Tab doesn't work in this game, since the Tab key itself has a funtion in-game to show a list of to-do's.
    I forget if you can run this game in a window, but if you can, then DON'T.

Maybe you should try setting the game to run with less resolution, when you get to that option.
  • edited October 2007
    t_a_o wrote: »
    Looks like a faulty install. Try Reinstalling it, because it IS the ESCAPE button you use to get to Save menu.

Alt+Tab doesn't work in this game, since the Tab key itself has a funtion in-game to show a list of to-do's.
    I forget if you can run this game in a window, but if you can, then DON'T.

Maybe you should try setting the game to run with less resolution, when you get to that option.

Yeah, thanks for the help. I installed the game again and its now working.

Cheers :D
  • edited October 2007
    Fantastic - glad you got it to work :D
    Have fun!
This discussion has been closed.