CSI Hard Evidence Installer Error

edited October 2007 in Game Support
After installing CSI Hard Evidence I get a message saying that the update urls could not be installed and therefore I can't play the game, please help!!!

Comments

• EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Hi Lucia,

I think the auto-updater is not working properly for you. Try launching the game using the .exe file in the CSI4 folder (it's probably in Program Files / Ubisoft) instead of from your desktop shortcut. If that works, you can change the target for your desktop shortcut so it points to the game .exe instead of the auto-updater, and that should resolve the problem.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, please contact Ubisoft for support: http://www.ubi.com/us/support/default.aspx
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks Emily, but I don't have a CSI game folder, tried reistalling again and same thing, can't create telltale registry key. Will e-mail ubisoft.
  • edited October 2007
    Lucia19 wrote: »
    Thanks Emily, but I don't have a CSI game folder, tried reistalling again and same thing, can't create telltale registry key. Will e-mail ubisoft.

Ignore me, being stupid and looking in the wrong place! Found it now and is working perfectly, thanks again.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Glad to hear it!

Just curious, are you a Vista user?
  • edited October 2007
    vista user here (as you already know) it installed and runs just fine, same with the auto updater... no problems with vista firewall whatsoever, must be an issue with your antivirus/firewall software you use....

NOTE: it does ask for permission to run the update checker every time i try to run the game though.... no problems other than that
This discussion has been closed.