Connection issue PC all episodes

edited October 2012 in Game Support
Getting the apparently common check connection error. Can't download episode 3 or 4. Already tried the simple fix, didn't work. Tried downloading manually, didn't work. Is there a third workaround? Getting super frustrated

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    I do apologize for this problem. We are aware that a small number of players are experiencing this issue, and we are currently investigating a solution. Please ensure you have a strong internet connection and are logged into your Telltale account before attempting the download again. Also, you can try connecting to another network and/or resetting your router/modem.
  • edited October 2012
    Hi Matt, Thanks for response. I have internet connection, in fact I can play the game but it says I don't have connection when I try to download. There seems to be alot, well, at least 60 people someone said having same issue. Thanks for looking into it. I cant wait to play
  • edited October 2012
    "A small number of players...."

You've got to be kidding! Take a look at the several(!) threads about the problem and reconsider your counting again...
  • edited October 2012
    same for me...still cant download the walking dead episode 2...got the same error..

there is nothing wrong with my internet connection.

how to solve this problem?
  • edited October 2012
    Matt? Are you guys even close to a fix yet? This is getting crazy dude!
  • edited October 2012
    I completely uninstalled the game and even let my saves go just in hopes of making sure any corruption was gone. I now can NOT download ANY of the episodes on my PC although I DO HAVE A GREAT INTERNET CONNECTION and have emailed telltale support THREE TIMES!

This was my first and only Telltale purchase...and this is ridiculous....When I spend money on something I expect it to work and I shouldn't have to be a computer programmer in order to "FIX" ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! Please respond to me with "DETAILED" instructions on how to make this work.
    jkb@zeus.chapel1.com
  • edited October 2012
    Bought the game yesterday, can not download any episodes. And my internet connection is great. Really frustrating and hope for a fix soon.
  • MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    We are actively looking into this, and still trying to determine the cause of this problem.

I know it can be frustrating to see the download failure message repeatedly, but please keep trying and the download will succeed.
  • edited October 2012
    I still can not download any episodes.....any idea how long this is going to take to fix???
  • edited October 2012
    No luck since release in trying to download episode 4. :(
  • edited October 2012
    Hi guys, count me in with that problem, can't download any episode! Just have episode 01. So what you gonna do now? Why we just can't download it from your website? Think that would be the easierst solution. Maybe the guys who bought it about steam are the luckiest once. but thats not an solution. And I'm not changing my internet-connection, everything works fine just not this telltale games. What about the idea putting your episodes on your webside and we can download it with some serial-code?

Please fix this asap!
  • edited October 2012
    Count me in to the same issue. Small number of players...BULL$HIT...
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    The official patch for the disconnection issue is out now. Restarting the game will download and install it automatically. Afterwards you should be able to download the episodes.
This discussion has been closed.