Win8 - Walking Dead Continually Crashes Immediately After Launching

edited November 2012 in Game Support
Whenever I attempt to run the Walking Dead, it appears to begin the launch process and then abruptly terminates. No warning, no error, just terminates. Opened Task Manager and watched as the process simply ends. I'm running Windows 8. Is this a known issue?

Comments

• edited October 2012
    OK, so if you're having the same problem that I am, this guy is onto something: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=691706&postcount=96. Unplug your 360 controller from your PCs USB port and voila it starts...in windowed mode. lol Telltale Games needs to fix this....now.

You can change the video settings to Full Screen, and whatever resolution you need, after getting in. Now I'm going to test to see if I can get my saves to work that I backed up previously.
  • edited October 2012
    Saves work too. Found a post about it a while ago but can't find it now to give proper credit. Sorry. So I upgraded to Windows 8 and backed up my save files before hand. Restored the save files, but the game was stubbornly ignoring them. I had to let the game save, and rename my archived save to the same filename. Then it worked. Did this for my two Chapter 3 complete save files and it worked like a charm. Couldn't download episode 4 so I checked out this post and that worked like a charm as well. http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showpost.php?p=697087&postcount=1

Now all I need is a fix for my 360 controller causing the game to crash upon startup and then I'm done. I might just give up for now though. I've put waaay too much effort into getting this game up and running. Thanks to the previous posters I've quoted in this thread. It's much appreciated.
  • edited November 2012
    Renquist wrote: »
    Whenever I attempt to run the Walking Dead, it appears to begin the launch process and then abruptly terminates. No warning, no error, just terminates. Opened Task Manager and watched as the process simply ends. I'm running Windows 8. Is this a known issue?

that happends for me too and i just wont work, i tried re-installing the game, move the walking dead folder, delete al save files in case they were corrupt or anything but it doesnt work and i dont have a gamepad so i dont think that might cause any problem, any suggestion? the game worked completley fine util i tried to start the game a few hours ago to play episode 5
This discussion has been closed.