Either No account, game freeze, or no download

edited October 2012 in Game Support
So I have a triple combo problem. Every time I load the game EITHER

1) I don't have an account

or

2) The game freezes about 3 seconds after hitting continue

or

3) The download says I don't have internet connection.

I don't know why I am posting this except to vent frustration since obviously TTG does not give a shit with their "check your internet connection" and "we understand a SMALL number of players are having problems."

Hint: My internet is business class.

Hint: When 100 different forum accounts are having problems, how many that don't post on the forums are having problems? It's a hell of a lot more than a small number of customers.

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Anyone from TTG can help with this?

If not, at least tell me how I can get a refund on a product I bought that doesn't work?

Today, it is game freeze again. Right after the game starts and you click continue and it is connecting.
  • edited October 2012
    Anyone??? Bueller... Bueller... Bueller????

C'mon TTG, help me out here.
  • edited October 2012
    Exact same combination of bugs here. As I mentioned in another thread, I have to pray every time I launch the game that I don't run into any of these 3 issues.

Then once I get past that stage, I have to pray again that my savegame data has not become corrupted.

I emailed TTG about all of this on Fri and got the exact same response. I've no doubt that they'll get around to fixing it and all of this will blow over -- but in the mean time, it's quite frustrating. They've put together a fantasic game with complex branching story lines and a decent graphics engine, and most of that works flawlessly -- and yet they can't seem to get the basic administration stuff right.
  • puzzleboxpuzzlebox Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2012
    Hi Alex, sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues.
    Alex1939 wrote: »
    1) I don't have an account

When you start the game, make sure you're logged in to your Telltale account here. Telltale is aware that some people have an issue with the game only recognising their licence intermittently, and are looking into that.
    2) The game freezes about 3 seconds after hitting continue

Is it possibly just slow to connect? Sometimes it takes mine up to 20 seconds on that "connecting" screen to get going.
    3) The download says I don't have internet connection.

The Telltale devs are aware of this issue too and are actively working on a resolution. The statement here has some suggestions for things to try in the meantime. That thread will be updated when there is an official fix.
  • edited October 2012
    puzzlebox wrote: »
    Hi Alex, sorry to hear that you're experiencing some issues.

When you start the game, make sure you're logged in to your Telltale account here. Telltale is aware that some people have an issue with the game only recognising their licence intermittently, and are looking into that.

Tried that and didn't make a difference.
    Is it possibly just slow to connect? Sometimes it takes mine up to 20 seconds on that "connecting" screen to get going.

No, I have to Ctrl/Alt/Delete to pull up Task Manager which says The Walking Dead is not responding.
    The Telltale devs are aware of this issue too and are actively working on a resolution. The statement here has some suggestions for things to try in the meantime. That thread will be updated when there is an official fix.

Thanks for at least responding. It is not my internet, it is not my network. I had zero problems with the first 3 episodes.

This sucks.
  • edited October 2012
    No longer locks up.

Now it keeps telling me I don't have an account. Would I like to start one and purchase the game?

I have tried starting the game logged in.

What gives? Is there a fix for this?
  • edited October 2012
    Well I had to reboot and now it crashes again after about 3 seconds hitting continue. Guess I'm one of the really unlucky few.
  • edited October 2012
    I feel your frustration. I had one "free day" last weekend, and I wasted a good 4 hours of that day trying to sort out these problems (it became an obsession).

For issue #3 there are two really great "unofficial" workarounds mentioned in the forum. I believe the topics are sticky, so they'll be listed near the top. I was finally able to download using one of those methods, so grabbed all the missing episodes in one shot.

To get past #1, sometimes I got lucky and it let me in. But at one point it just wouldn't for about 10 tries in a row, so I had to launch the game while holding down the space bar. That clears the saved account info from your cache, and lets you enter your username and password again. It's a surefire way of getting in, but I'm wondering if it's also the reason my savegame data got wiped... do this at your own risk. For #2, I just had to keep starting and restarting the game until it finally worked. The moderator is right -- sometimes it just takes a while. Other times it did actually freeze.

Once I got all of that sorted out (and got over the frustration of having my savegame corrupted for the second time), I played through episodes 3 and 4 in one marathon session. The game is so good, it was *almost* worth all of the trouble!
This discussion has been closed.