TWD Can't find saves now?

edited October 2012 in Game Support
So I got the WalkingDead101.exe has stopped working error while attempting to start episode 3 and it resulting in my saves no longer being able to be detected. Having not been able to solve this, I opted for starting all over again but I wanted to back-up my saves this time.

Here's the problem: They're not there. I'll open the game and I can load the save but when I go to the folder, it's empty. I'm running windows 7 and I found the original saves of which the game can't seem to find in Documents/Telltale Games/The Walking Dead but the new saves aren't appearing there now? Does anyone know where they would be save now? Not sure why the save location would change like this.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Are you running the game in compatibility mode now?
    Compatibility mode for win95 or win98/me changes the savegame location to
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\GameData

Also, here are some ways of restoring lost savegames.
  • edited October 2012
    Hey, I think I may have figured out the issue behind this, though I need other people to confirm if possible.

By any chance, do you have a back-up of your prefs.prop file (located in My Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead) before these issues started happening? If you do, try reverting back to that one and see if that fixes it. I think the game's ability to detect save files and that file are linked.
  • edited October 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Are you running the game in compatibility mode now?
    Compatibility mode for win95 or win98/me changes the savegame location to
    %PUBLIC%\Documents\Telltale Games\GameData

Also, here are some ways of restoring lost savegames.

No, as I said, I'm running windows 7.
This discussion has been closed.