[TWD] Auto Rewind Prompt on Ep 2.

edited October 2012 in Game Support
I have been playing the walking dead game consistently as the episodes have been coming out, however, I have encountered a bug on my second current play through. I am trying to start episode 2 and a window pops up asking if I want to rewind or not. Regardless of what I answer the screen then stays black, but I can still see and move around the cursor. I have tried waiting for it to start up for several minutes, but nothing happens. Is there anything I can do to actually start the episode?

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    I apologize for this problem and hopefully I can help you resolve it. Which platform are you using to play the game? Any details you can provide on what you saw just prior to this issue will help greatly.
  • edited October 2012
    Sure, I am playing the game on Steam (on my PC). And there were no other oddities that happened, I try to start the episode, i see the loading screen, and then it goes straight to the rewind prompt.
    edited October 2012
    Please try reinstalling Steam and see if that corrects the issue.
  • edited October 2012
    Well, I tried uninstalling the game itself, then re-installing and trying again. This time when i hit continue for episode 2 or actually tried rewinding to the very first scene, rather than bring up any other prompt the screen is just dark and I can move cursor around again. Do you still recommend I uninstall steam in its entirety given this situation?
    edited October 2012
    With the game content still installed, try reinstalling Steam. Users have reported this fixes the problem you are having. If you still reach a black screen after reinstall, close the game and then hold the spacebar when launching the game again. This will reset your prefs file (which will also reset your save progress), but should correct the problem.
  • edited October 2012
    Re-installing steam fixed the problem! Thank you very much for the help :)
This discussion has been closed.