Alyx becomes Max in Episode 2

edited October 2007 in General Chat
In one scene she shouts "Shotgun!" in a very Max like way when you're about to enter the car. Maybe it's a common line, but it seemed like a friendly nod to another episodic series. Or I'm mad.

Comments

• edited October 2007
    I think Shotgun just means "I get to drive" or something. Daxter says it in Jak II as well, which was out a while before Season 1, so I think it's just a common American phrase.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Shotgun means you get to sit in the passenger seat of the car. If there's more than two people who will be getting in the car, it means the rest have to sit in the backseat.

Dear, there are even rules. :p
  • edited October 2007
    I kind of figured out the meaning of it when I heard it the first time, but I didn't realize it was so commonly used that it has courtesy rules. Thanks.. Love? :P
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    I meant it like Oh dear! It doesn't look like that though. :D
  • edited October 2007
    Pshh! You never hold my hand in public. :(

:D
  • edited October 2007
    I smell love in the air...
  • edited October 2007
    abdallah and Mel, sitting in a car!
  • edited October 2007
    Mel, I'm sorry I have to end our relationship, I can't see it going anywhere. It's sad to see our good love gone so bad. Tell me, frankly, shall we light up this case or not?
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    :( *sniff*

I suppose it's for the best. I'll be heading to the store for some chocolate now...
  • edited October 2007
    Whoohooo now's my chance
  • ShauntronShauntron Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    The phrase is a throwback to stage coach riders. One guy holds the reins, the guy next to him holds a shotgun and shoots bad guys.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.