How Vista compatiable is Season 1 of Sam and Max

edited October 2007 in Game Support
I'm getting a new Vista laptop in a few days and I was wondering how well Season 1 of Sam and Max works with Vista.

I'm re-downloading all the episodes just to make sure I have the latest version. I noticed that some episodes have Vista listed and some don't. Will all episodes work OK?

I'm not bothered by smaller icons or the game not being in games explorer right now. Should I install Season 1 now, or just inatall Season 2 on my Vista laptop?

Edit: I love the fact that the downloadable episodes are so laptop friendly. I'm not forced to take an original and very scartable DVD when I travel.

Comments

• edited October 2007
    They are all Vista compatable. I played the whole season in Vista, both in the downloadable versions and from the disc.
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks Guybrush. I'll be installing the downloable version on my laptop for sure :D
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    If you're using the download versions, the only problem you'll have is activating Culture Shock. This is due to an issue with the activation system, not the game itself, and is only a problem in Culture Shock. You can support@telltalegames.com and ask for an alternate version that does activate in Vista (also we should be releasing the Vista-compatible version widely sometime after Season Two launches).

If you are using a disc version (either our DVD or the retail version), this issue does not exist. It's only a problem with the download version on Telltale's site. Otherwise the games are 100% Vista compatible.
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks Emily. In that case I might leave Culture Shock alone until the Vista-compatiable version is relesed. Is that the only one that will be made Vista compatiable? If you guys plan on releasing Vista versions of the other episode then I'll gladly wait. I'll be busy enjoying Season 2 :D
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    She said that Episodes 2 - 6 are Vista compatible already, so you don't have to wait. ;)
  • edited October 2007
    Culture Shock worked fine for me in Vista... I reckon you should try it for you and see if it works. ;)
  • edited October 2007
    Culture shock works fine, the problem is that when you reboot, Vista messes with your mac address which causes the game to deactivate. So, if you can play it in one sitting (or at least without rebooting) then it's no problem. Or, send an email to support like emily said, and we'll send you an updated version.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Or play the version on the DVD, which does not use the same activation system and therefore does not have a problem when you reboot. :D
  • edited October 2007
    Thanks guys. Can't wait to see this on my laptop. Sam and Max hilarity on the go. I'll just wait for the Vista compatiable version of Culture Shock. I'll probably be too busy with Season Two to notice it's missing.
  • edited October 2007
    Hey, I just installed Vista, and I already had all of Season 1 installed (both downloads and CD), and now when I try out a game, everything works, but I can't hear sound effects or voices! Only music! (halp!)

This remains true for both the CD and the DL versions!
  • edited October 2007
    I may have jumped the gun a bit to blame Sam and Max, it seems that voices also didn't work when I tried to run TLJ (you win 100 internets if you know what that is by just the acronym), going to try and update my RealTEK audio drivers :) Wish me luck!
  • edited October 2007
    Sorry for the three posts in a row! Just wanted to update that getting the new driver helped, sorry to waste your time! :P
  • edited October 2007
    The Longest Journey, I assume?

Also, glad to hear it worked out :)
This discussion has been closed.