Music in Season Two

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
Are we gonna get a preview of some of the music from Season 2?

You know, like you did here?

OK, granted, that was 7 days before release, so it's not due yet by that standard anyway, but I can hope, can't I?

I wanna hear more Sam & Max Music!

Comments

• edited October 2007
    If you check out some of the latest E 4 all videos you can hear jareds music and it sounds bloody good
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    We'll be putting out some music tracks, to be sure.

Also what E for All videos have you seen other than the one in the blog, and the gametrailers interview with Dan?
  • edited October 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »

"The snow will turn red with the blood of the naughty!"

HAHAHA. :D Good line, good line.
  • edited October 2007
    Ooooo, fun! Sounds like Jared was channeling Danny Elfman c. Nightmare Before Christmas for the workshop music!

You have my money for the soundtrack set!
  • edited October 2007
    Yep, the music sounded, once again, great.
  • MarkDarinMarkDarin Former Telltale Staff
    edited October 2007
    I have only heard a handful of tracks, but the workshop music is currently my favorite so far! It's perfectly festive and twisted at once!
  • edited October 2007
    It's likely that you've probably heard more of them then us! ;O)

Hmmm just as i'm still sucked so much into it and in case you did not notice:

-> http://www.inrainbows.com

Also makes you grabbing out your instrument(s) again...
  • edited October 2007
    I bought it, even though I'm not a Radiohead fan. I just wanted to support their distribution ideas.
  • edited October 2007
    I haven't downloaded the album... the store was hard to navigate, and when I was prompted to fill in my name and address and stuff, I just gave up. I'd rather Radiohead just put up all their music on iTunes so I can buy it on there...
  • edited October 2007
    But then you wouldn't be able looking at the vinyl size art and the music would be compressed which is sort of an issue once you listen to it on good headphones for instance.
  • edited October 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    I haven't downloaded the album... the store was hard to navigate, and when I was prompted to fill in my name and address and stuff, I just gave up. I'd rather Radiohead just put up all their music on iTunes so I can buy it on there...

I downloaded it on the first day... the sever kept crashing due to overload... it took ages to just get the album!
  • edited October 2007
    taumel wrote: »
    It's likely that you've probably heard more of them then us! ;O)

Hmmm just as i'm still sucked so much into it and in case you did not notice:

-> http://www.inrainbows.com

Also makes you grabbing out your instrument(s) again...
    That site almost makes expect to hear "Hi, I'm Hugh Bliss!"
  • edited October 2007
    *lol* :O)
  • edited October 2007
    *points to blog* All of them are must-downloads, especially the boxing theme! I have that on repeat right now because I'm loving it so much!
    edited October 2007
    I love the reference to the Season One Bosco's theme at around a third of the way through the new music (starts about 15-20 seconds before the sax solo).

And yeah, the boxing music is hardcore. The guy who did the electric guitar on that is awesome.
  • edited October 2007
    *drool* When you said Jared's really outdone himself for season two I thought it wasn't possible, but now I realize you weren't kidding!
  • edited October 2007
    Jake wrote: »
    I love the reference to the Season One Bosco's theme at around a third of the way through the new music (starts about 15-20 seconds before the sax solo).

And yeah, the boxing music is hardcore. The guy who did the electric guitar on that is awesome.

Indeed, I heard that little nod to that too. ;)
  • edited October 2007
    Is it just me, or is the new Bosco song very "Grim Fandango"esque?
  • edited October 2007
    Considering I've never played Grim Fandango, I can't comment. What I can say is that it feels very spy noir in genre, and I like it.:D
  • edited November 2007
    yep, its very much like Grim Fandango which can only be a good thing.
  • edited November 2007
    Indeed.
  • edited November 2007
    its ya wah wah trumpet film noirish kinda jazz..and I like it
  • edited November 2007
    I love the new music. Bosco's new theme does indeed sound very Grim Fandago-ish. The guitar in the Boxing theme is absolutely amazing. And the Northpole theme realy sounds eerie. So in two words Fantabulous !
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2007
    The released music to me is a mixed bag.

The box theme was ok, however the guitar lead was too much at times (and that overdrive!!). Sometimes I felt like I was listening a rock student during a band practice. Good technique but not so much self control for the rest of the band.

Bosco's theme, didn't like it at all. I couldn't help but wonder how that theme will fit in Sam & Max. Only time will tell. Maybe the part that doesn't suck will make it on the actual game.

The North Pole theme was a blast, eerie and somehow festive at the same time... absolute genius.
  • edited November 2007
    I don't mind the music, but it doesn't seem like something I'd end up humming (unlike most of the stuff in Season 1). To be honest, I can't even remember how any of the music in any of the three tracks really goes seeing as there didn't seem to be any distinct melody.

That said, this is only three tracks from the entire game, and as long as the music complements the environments well, which it looks to judging by the gameplay videos, then it does the job well.
    edited November 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    I don't mind the music, but it doesn't seem like something I'd end up humming (unlike most of the stuff in Season 1).

And I hum that music even less than the hummable music in Hit the Road! (Which incidentally is even less hummable than that one time in Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple when Sam is singing "new york's a helluva town" to himself.) I think that games should stop existing, because the old ones I've already played are way better when I think back to them than the new stuff that I haven't yet played or even experienced other than nitpicking an MP3 to death.
  • edited November 2007
    And I hum that music even less than the hummable music in Hit the Road! (Which incidentally is even less hummable than that one time in Monkeys Violating the Heavenly Temple when Sam is singing "new york's a helluva town" to himself.) I think that games should stop existing, because the old ones I've already played are way better when I think back to them than the new stuff that I haven't yet played or even experienced other than nitpicking an MP3 to death.

bwahaha jakes in a touchy mood..must be one week to a new episode release :D:rolleyes:
  • edited November 2007

<_<

Way to completely ignore the second half of the post. I never said I didn't like the music, nor that it'd detract from the game. Sorry for having an opinion on the three tracks I've heard standing alone without being in the context of the game.
    I'm looking forward to Season 2 as much as anyone here, its not like I'm saying "season 2 suxxors, i hate it bcoz three trax i herd didnt stick in my head". I don't think the music's bad at all, in fact I think it's pretty good, why else would I have had all 3 tracks in my playlist since they were released? I wasn't "nitpicking the MP3 to death", I was just saying what I thought.

Ugh, I hate having to get down to this sort of level in a post, it feels like I'm trolling, but I think you were a bit insulting there to be honest =/.
  • edited November 2007
    I see someone changed my title to this thread...

That's the first time I've seen a mod edit a post just to make the title of the thread more descriptive...

Curious.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    With this forum software, you don't have to edit the post to edit a title.
  • edited November 2007
    But, if you'll notice, they did. ;)
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    They probably didn't (I think you're referring to the changed title at the top of your post?).

If they actually edited your post, there would be a message at the end saying that the post was edited. When a mod or admin wants to change a title, they go to the subforum and double click the title to change it. It also automatically changes the title at the top of the original post.
  • edited November 2007
    What was the title before?
  • edited November 2007
    What was the title before?
    Just the word "Music"
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    That's the first time I've seen a mod edit a post just to make the title of the thread more descriptive...

We do it now and then. :D
  • edited November 2007
    Hero1 wrote: »
    bwahaha jakes in a touchy mood..must be one week to a new episode release :D:rolleyes:

He probably need his antabuse shot to sober down before the new episode release ;)
    edited November 2007
    Badwolf wrote: »
    <_<

Way to completely ignore the second half of the post. I never said I didn't like the music, nor that it'd detract from the game. Sorry for having an opinion on the three tracks I've heard standing alone without being in the context of the game.
    I'm looking forward to Season 2 as much as anyone here, its not like I'm saying "season 2 suxxors, i hate it bcoz three trax i herd didnt stick in my head". I don't think the music's bad at all, in fact I think it's pretty good, why else would I have had all 3 tracks in my playlist since they were released? I wasn't "nitpicking the MP3 to death", I was just saying what I thought.

Ugh, I hate having to get down to this sort of level in a post, it feels like I'm trolling, but I think you were a bit insulting there to be honest =/.

Sorry! I was just messing around. I didn't mean it too seriously! Everyone is welcome to think whatever they want about the music - please don't take it personally. I really really didn't mean it as a comment on your personal opinion of the three MP3 tracks we put up. Getting excited by - and subsequently over-analyzing - all the little pieces of media released for something one is anticipating is an essential part of how these things work at this point, and it amuses me. I spend far too much time with my friends and on forums dissecting every trailer, interview, and still released for movies and games I'm anticipating... so it's funny to be on the other side of that and know that while MP3 tracks a, b, and c are really a tiny sliver of overall product x, but when thats all that's out, people are going to talk about them and form opinions of them on their own merits, completely separate from the context of the complete game, which I've been looking at and experiencing as a whole for months. It's a weird phenomenon, one I'm still getting used to.
  • edited November 2007
    Oh well, only four days left now! :D
  • edited November 2007
    Sorry! I was just messing around. I didn't mean it too seriously!

It's alright, I was being a bit tetchy that day so I think I overreacted a bit. :o
Sign in to comment in this discussion.