(TWD) Still unable to download using the Mac

edited October 2012 in Game Support
According to one of the official threads here on the forum, the download issue for TWD has now been fixed. However, when I tried to download episode 2 again just a few hours ago (I uninstalled the original application in order), it still has the 'stuck at 99%' issue. Can someone please help me out here? Thanks.

Comments

• DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Did it jump to 99% right away or work it's way up? In the first case, it's possible that it's just showing the wrong percentage and still downloading.
  • edited October 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    Did it jump to 99% right away or work it's way up? In the first case, it's possible that it's just showing the wrong percentage and still downloading.

It (very slowly, it was definitely a lot faster when I first downloaded episode 2-3 before 4 was released) work it way up to 99% and then just get stuck there. I tried to start downloading the episode, wait until it goes up to 5% to make sure that the download process has started before going to bed. When I wake up 8 hours later, it is stuck at 99%. When I restart the application, everything was lost and I had to start over again. This time, I leave my computer on before going out. When I return 2 hours later, the same thing happened and it is once again stuck at 99%.
  • edited October 2012
    I have trouble on the mac, too.

When I try to download Episode 3 or 4, the download doesn't even start but I get a popup that I need to have internet connection to use that feature (which, of course, I have). It's been like that for the last couple of days.

Did restart several times, even reinstalled the whole thing, didn't help.
  • edited October 2012
    I have just re-install the application (again) and now there is a new problem. Instead of it getting stuck at 99%, now it just crashes and 'quit unexpectedly' when ever it reaches 99%.

I really want to play this game and experience it for myself, but seriously, this is just getting ridiculous.

And DjNDB, I have tried to use your official workaround. It seems to work for episodes 3-4. However, it doesn't work for 2. Can you help me out?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    You can try downloading the files manually, if you haven't tried that yet.
  • edited October 2012
    DjNDB wrote: »
    You can try downloading the files manually, if you haven't tried that yet.

I already did, my issue is as follows:

(1) After downloading the files, I open the application, go to the 'download content' menu, and press 'get' on all the episodes.

(2) Just like you described, they all updated as 'downloaded' right away.

(3) I quit the application and open it again, episode 3-4 still list as 'downloaded', but not episode 2, which has now been returned to 'available' with the 'get' option.

(4) When I try to download it, it either get stuck or crashes at 99%.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    I am not sure how that is caused. You can try if deleting all files inside these folders helps. As always, make a backup first.

/The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Meta
    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Temp
    /The Walking Dead/SyncFs/Data/WalkingDead101PatchFs
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks for the workaround, that is at least an option and I'll do that for Episode 3, just to get going again.
    But I rather have the game working as it's supposed to be.
    Is there any official word from Telltale regarding these problems?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    almizilero wrote: »
    Thanks for the workaround, that is at least an option and I'll do that for Episode 3, just to get going again.
    But I rather have the game working as it's supposed to be.
    Is there any official word from Telltale regarding these problems?

I assumed the patch for the instant connection failure was also already released for mac, but i will try to find out about that.

Also, you might want to give this easier workaround a try first.
  • edited October 2012
    Thanks again!

I just downloaded the files and put them in the right folder, deleted temp files...
    But when I hit Get I still get the error that I need internet access. So even the manual download didn't help.

I will try the easy workaround now.

EDIT: That didn't work either. But now I even have the same problem with Episode 2, which I already downloaded and played.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    Thanks again!

I just downloaded the files and put them in the right folder, deleted temp files...
    But when I hit Get I still get the error that I need internet access. So even the manual download didn't help.

I will try the easy workaround now.

EDIT: That didn't work either. But now I even have the same problem with Episode 2, which I already downloaded and played.

For now it's probably best if you restore the backup that had the best combination of working episodes.

I am almost out of reasonable ideas for workarounds.
    One last thing you can try independent of that, is creating a second new Mac OS user account, to see if it works on a fresh account.
  • edited October 2012
    I'm trying around with some backups that I have. I seem to have a problem with the prefs.prop.
    But using an older version also has it's quirks. E.g. when I use the backup version I get an "available soon" for all episode but the first.

As well, is it possible to get my savegames from newer episodes running in the backup version?
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    As well, is it possible to get my savegames from newer episodes running in the backup version?

They should work, if you copy the prefs.prop and all savegames. There's always a possibility for failure though.
  • edited October 2012
    So it won't work without the pref.prop? Because I think that file might be the source of my problem.
  • DjNDBDjNDB Moderator
    edited October 2012
    So it won't work without the pref.prop? Because I think that file might be the source of my problem.

What do you mean?
    Do all episodes work with a newly generated prefs.prop?

There is a workaround that can restore access to the latest savegame in one slot. It won't show the right data for the save slot in-game initially, so continue the game to see if it worked. Be sure to adapt the instructions for the Episode your latest savegame is from (i.e. make a fresh savegame for the same episode).

It's far from ideal, but if you only need to recover one slot it might do the trick for you.
  • edited October 2012
    All hail DjNDB! I finally managed to get all the episodes toy work on my Mac again! Thank you so much!

But now I am a bit worried about what I am going to do when episode 5 finally get released. Hopefully there will not be a download issue again.
This discussion has been closed.