When are you fixing this BS?

edited October 2012 in Game Support
This is fucking stupid.

Only episode 1 saves. Episode 2 won't load AT ALL (stupid axe on a black screen), episode 3 works fine but won't save. Episode 4 works fine but won't save.

I played a bit of Episode 4 *******SPOILER (when I went into the sewage)*****, went back out to the main menu. Closed the window and then went back to the game ~3 hours later and my save's gone :mad:

Last time I buy a stupid game from TellTale.

My friend's a BIG fan of The Walking Dead and wanted to buy this when it launched on disc in december. I told him don't bother, it's just a waste of money (and it's damaging the environment buy printing this broken game on discs and making covers and cases).

*snip*

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Yeah 'cos like hostility is really gonna help resolve any issue.
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah 'cos like hostility is really gonna help resolve any issue.
    Got a better idea?
  • edited October 2012
    I do not know if anyone has noticed this, but if you loose access to your save you need to go into C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead, copy all your saves into a new folder.

From there, start up the game and play till the game autosaves (I actually played a little longer to make sure the game had saved.) Next you need to go back to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead and sort the files by date modified. What is happening is the game will save your new progress as one of the older save files, thus the game doesn't pickup on what save to start up as; it is messed up I know.

You need to then go back into that new folder I told you to create earlier and rename your last save as what ever is listed as the most recent save in the save folder. I.E. Your last save was save_18.save and when you restarted the game it saved it as save_8.save You would need to change the save_18.save to save_8.save and paste it into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead.

This is what I did in order to make the game save.
This discussion has been closed.