Full Throttle from Telltale

edited November 2007 in General Chat
Sounds good doesnt it Full Throttle 2... Who owns rights to that? I saw the old Sequel trailer for the game today and it was awesome, i watched it quite a few times. How does the public gamers go about geting a sequel to FullThrottle which was promised about the same time as the sam n max sequel.:cool: which was summer 2003

Comments

• edited October 2007
    it was promised and then canceled. that was about the same time sam&max: freelance police was canceled as well.
    the new sam&max episodic games are not the same as the canceled lucasarts title and where only possible because the creator of sam&max, steve purcell, also holds the rights to it.
    if anyone would want to make a sequel to full throttle the rights to it or a temporary license would probably be needed. that might turn out to be quite expensive, since lucasarts seems to be sitting on their licenses even if they don't use them. did i forget something?
  • edited October 2007
    You forgot to shake your fist in the direction of LUcasArts and scream "MONEY GRUBBING CORPORATE DEMONS!!!!"
  • edited October 2007
    Silly Bob wrote: »
    You forgot to shake your fist in the direction of LUcasArts and scream "MONEY GRUBBING CORPORATE DEMONS!!!!"

If they wanted to grub money, they'd sell their old PC games in "retro" collections, like every game company ever. Clearly they're just insane.
  • edited October 2007
    LuigiHann wrote: »
    If they wanted to grub money, they'd sell their old PC games in "retro" collections, like every game company ever. Clearly they're just insane.

Something like this?
    or this?

Lucas Arts should keep making adventure games, but if they are going to kill them like Monkey 4 or grim fandango by eliminating the mouse and using the keyboard, they better off of adventure games anyway.
  • edited October 2007
    It's only just over 7 years until 2015!
  • edited October 2007
    jp-30 wrote: »
    It's only just over 7 years until 2015!

What does that mean to me .. 2015
  • edited October 2007
    That's when one of the LucasArts spokesmen said they'd start making good games again.
  • edited October 2007
    he's probably not a spokesman anylonger, right?
  • edited October 2007
    He (Jim Ward) actually runs the joint.
  • edited November 2007
    glenfx wrote: »

Yeah, like those, it'd be nice if they were sold in the U.S. . . .

I was actually thinking of something more like these., with multiple games in the package, or perhaps put them on Steam or GameTap.
  • edited November 2007
    I would love to see the return of Full Throttle! It was the game that brought me into the world of adventure gaming, and is still my all time favourite, however, I'm not sure if Telltale is the team to do it. I'm not saying Telltale isn't talented.. they are amazingly talented, but I think that it just wouldn't be the same without Tim Schafer on board. Adventure Games all have an artists touch, and Tim Schafer was the artist of Full Throttle, and if there was to be a resurrection, I think he would have to at least be a producer or writer. Even the Sam & Max team still has the help of Steve Purcell.
  • edited November 2007
    Ooooh could you imagine if Double Fine and Tell Tale joined forces? Holy crap, we'd have the video game equivalent of Journey! Only... you know... good.
  • edited November 2007
    More like a Traveling Wilburys, I think. :D
  • edited November 2007
    Wolfrider wrote: »
    Ooooh could you imagine if Double Fine and Tell Tale joined forces? Holy crap, we'd have the video game equivalent of Journey! Only... you know... good.

I do wonder why, since all the old Adventure Game Geniuses seem to remain on speaking terms, why they never seem to try to form a "Dream Team" to make the greatest game of all time. Probably a combination of scheduling issues and the desire to create new things rather than relive the past.

It'd be great to see someone like Tim Schaefer or Ron Gilbert (or Al Lowe, or Rand Miller, or etc. etc. ...) "guest-write" some jokes or puzzles for a Sam and Max episode. I mean, it's already cool that we have Dave Grossman and Steve Purcell and others having input on the series, but the occasional "cameo" would be a lot of fun :D
Sign in to comment in this discussion.