Tales of Monkey Island crashes when I select new game

edited October 2012 in Game Support
Hi there,

I'm trying to run the game on Mac OS X 10.7.5 MacBook Pro Processor 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, Memory 8 GB RAM. I can open it and go through the settings but as soon as I click on New Game and select "yes I"m ready" it crashes and the following error message appears:
"Telltale Games quit unexpectedly.
Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple"

I had just purchased the package and it's the first time I run it. It never worked. The same happens with all chapters in the package.
I have tried to reinstall Steam but it's the same

Please help

Comments

• edited October 2012
    Hi guys,

Any updates on this?

Thanks!
  • MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    After looking into this issue, it appears that OS X 10.7.5 is the problem. If you can go back to 10.7.4 or earlier, or upgrade to a later version of Mac OS X, then this issue should go away.
  • I have the most recent version of Mac (lion) and have this problem is this something that may be fixed or have I just wasted my money?

• No Kidding. Should you guys perhaps be working on a patch or something? Upgrading or downgrading seems like a pretty ridiculous solution to me. I feel as though FIXING the the problem for your customers might be the best course of action. Maybe i'm just old fashioned.

• Hey... have the same Problem... does anybody know if it will work with Mountain Lion or Mavericks?

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff

Tales of Monkey Island should work fine on all other versions of Mac OS X 10.7.5. The issue in 10.7.5 appears to be an issue with an update in the OS itself.

• i want clarity on the post above. Will Tales of Monkey Island work on all versions of Mac OS X, except for version 10.7.5?

• TelltaleMikeTelltaleMike Former Telltale Staff

Yes, Tales of Monkey Island will work on all Mac OS X versions 10.7.4 and below, and 10.8.x and above.

YogiD posted: »

i want clarity on the post above. Will Tales of Monkey Island work on all versions of Mac OS X, except for version 10.7.5?

• Nope, it does crash on OS X Yosemite 10.10

Can't figure out how to get it to run. I did reinstall it. Any good advice anyone?

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if the game is crashing, or are you unable to see the main menu screen?

stefanbkk posted: »

Nope, it does crash on OS X Yosemite 10.10 Can't figure out how to get it to run. I did reinstall it. Any good advice anyone?

• edited November 2014

I also encountered a problem with Tales of Monkey Island after upgrading to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro 2014. The screen just stayed black when starting the game, but sound could be heard. I got it to work after some puzzling:

• In System Preferences, Displays, select Scaled - More Space to change the screen resolution to very detailed.
    • In System Preferences, Dock, deselect 'Automatically hide and show the dock', to be able to click on the bottom of the screen.
    • Start up a chapter of Tales and run it in windowed mode using 'CMD + F'.
    • You should see the start-up screen now and be able to change the screen resolution to one that fits the window.

This allowed me to play at least chapter 4 of TOMI, but it is a work-around. I hope it works for you as well.

Good luck!

I apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please clarify if the game is crashing, or are you unable to see the main menu screen?

• That worked for Ep1, thanks.

Wytse posted: »

I also encountered a problem with Tales of Monkey Island after upgrading to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro 2014. The screen just stayed black wh

@Wytse Thank you for providing extra information on how you were able to resolve your issue. I will make sure to pass it along to the team!

Wytse posted: »

I also encountered a problem with Tales of Monkey Island after upgrading to Yosemite on my MacBook Pro 2014. The screen just stayed black wh

This discussion has been closed.