Pockets

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
Wasn't it said that one of the new animations on Sam was that he now puts his hands in his pockets?... Or am I totally making this up? :D

If this is true, is it still in the game because I haven't seen it in any gameplay movies. :)

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Isn't he doing that in the shot you use as your avatar? :)
    Given how short the gameplay videos are, I wouldn't discount the possibility based on them.
  • edited October 2007
    Harald B wrote: »
    Isn't he doing that in the shot you use as your avatar? :)
    Given how short the gameplay videos are, I wouldn't discount the possibility based on them.

Indeed he is, but that isn't gameplay footage. ;)
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    It was in the season two trailer. We wanted to also do it in the game but I'm not sure if it was possible, because Sam doesn't actually have pockets. In the shot in the trailer it works because of the angle, but when I asked the art guys I was told it would not be an easy thing to do as part of Sam's animation suite.
  • edited October 2007
    Aw, that's a shame. :(
  • edited October 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    It was in the season two trailer. We wanted to also do it in the game but I'm not sure if it was possible, because Sam doesn't actually have pockets. In the shot in the trailer it works because of the angle, but when I asked the art guys I was told it would not be an easy thing to do as part of Sam's animation suite.

Why not? All Sam's really doing is clipping his 3D mesh into itself. It's not like they have to actually animate the pockets buldging out (although, that would be a nice touch). It's kind of like the bug in Episode 3 after the driving sequence where the gun is clipping through the steering wheel.
  • edited October 2007
    I am so disappointed.......................
  • edited October 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    I am so disappointed.......................

I can't tell if that was sarcasam or not.
    I'm guesing it was.

*shrug* Little touches go a long way.
  • MelMel
    edited October 2007
    Wait! Sam doesn't have pockets!? Where does he keep the keys to the DeSoto? :p ;)
  • edited October 2007
    Mel wrote: »
    Wait! Sam doesn't have pockets!? Where does he keep the keys to the DeSoto? :p ;)

That's what the glove box is for. They are right next to the first aid kit housed in the Max Paper Bag puppet that is sitting under the hot-wiring kit.
  • edited October 2007
    Wait! the DeSoto has keys? :rolleyes:
  • edited October 2007
    I just assumed they used a screwdriver!
  • edited October 2007
    Mel wrote: »

Where does Max keep his gun?:rolleyes:
  • edited October 2007
    Don't ask. You really don't wanna know.
  • edited October 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    I just assumed they used a screwdriver!

Where does he keep the screwdriver then?:confused:
  • edited October 2007
    Underneath his hat.
  • edited October 2007
    they keep the screwdriver in the trunk with the angry orangutan for safe keeping

and, no the trunk does not lock... its a desoto, the lock is just for show

they used to keep the screwdriver tucked in the convertable top... but then the top (and the original screwdriver) got lost in the boating accident
  • edited October 2007
    And after the convertable top incident they kept it in the glove box for a while until teh door of the glove box fell off.
  • edited November 2007
    You guys seem to have completely forgot about the seemingly bottomless super-cool cardboard box Sam somehow carries around.
  • edited November 2007
    And someone hasn't heard the line in Episode 4 about why the screen is black in the war room.:D
  • edited November 2007
    CaptainXax wrote: »
    You guys seem to have completely forgot about the seemingly bottomless super-cool cardboard box Sam somehow carries around.

But where does he carry the box??

Whoah... déjà vu...
  • edited November 2007
    Easy. Hammerspace. :D
  • edited November 2007
    You had to bring up the cartoon laws of physics, huh? :p
  • edited November 2007
    Why not? They make more sense than our own :D
  • edited November 2007
    AllenB wrote: »
    Why not? They make more sense than our own :D

True, except their laws of alien aerodynamics.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.