[TWD] Is my save file corrupt? Please help

edited October 2012 in Game Support
I came back to this game tonight, I completed Episode 3 last month and only just got hold of number 4.
When I press on Play Now the 3 save file slots come up, one of which I've used, it says Episode 3 on it so I press on it.

After I press A it takes me to where you choose the Episodes, so I flick across to Number 4 and try to start it but then it comes up with a message asking if I want random choices to have been made in skipped Episodes.

I sure that before when I've come back to the game I've just pressed continue or something.

Can someone tell me what SHOULD happen, if you finish an episode then come back, does it always ask you about random decisions? Or does it normally just let you carry on?

Finally....is my game save dead?

Thanks

Comments

• MattPMattP ModeratorFormer Telltale Staff
    edited October 2012
    It's more than likely that you are experiencing an issue with more than one prefs.prop files being created in your save directory. Please check your Documents\Telltale Games directory. You will see a Walking Dead folder where your save games and prefs are kept. If you also see a Gamedata folder, please delete this folder. Now open the Walking Dead\SyncsFS\Data folder. You will see a WalkingDead102, WalkingDead103, and WalkingDead104 folder. Check each one to make sure there is not a prefs file in there. If so, remove it. Lastly, please navigate to the install directory for the Walking Dead and open the Gamedata\Pack folder. If you see a prefs.prop file in either of these folders, please delete it as well.

Please do NOT delete the prefs.prop or save files in your Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead folder. This is the proper location for this file.
  • edited October 2012
    I do not know if anyone has noticed this, but if you loose access to your save you need to go into C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead, copy all your saves into a new folder.

From there, start up the game and play till the game autosaves (I actually played a little longer to make sure the game had saved.) Next you need to go back to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead and sort the files by date modified. What is happening is the game will save your new progress as one of the older save files, thus the game doesn't pickup on what save to start up as; it is messed up I know.

You need to then go back into that new folder I told you to create earlier and rename your last save as what ever is listed as the most recent save in the save folder. I.E. Your last save was save_18.save and when you restarted the game it saved it as save_8.save You would need to change the save_18.save to save_8.save and paste it into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Documents\Telltale Games\The Walking Dead.

This is what I did in order to make the game save.
This discussion has been closed.