Cannot get through first room in Ep1 due to glitches

edited October 2007 in Game Support
I recently purchased Sam & Max episodes 1-3 over Steam.

When I fired up Episode 1, everything seemed to be working fine. I spent maybe 20 minutes looking for the cheese in the first room. After a long, meticulous search, I jumped on YouTube to watch a video walkthrough. As I had suspected, my copy of the game was not functioning correctly. Among the things that seem to be wrong
  • The desk is not there, the VCR/Television is hovering
  • The little stool is not clickable
  • The filing cabinet is not clickable
  • There is no door on the closet, and while the cheese is visible, it is also not clickable
  • Possibly more things, but these are the only issues I could perceive from the YouTube walkthrough
I restarted the game several times and also changed resolutions in an effort to remedy these problems (not that I believe it can be solely a display-related issue, as the regions are still not responding to click events)

Can anyone give me some tips on how to fix these problems? Or is this a Steam issue that I need to take to Valve?

Comments

• edited October 2007
    Have you tried re-downloading the game as one of the files might be corrupt. Also just cause regions are not responding to click events doesn't mean that its not a graphics problem (as i've had this before on a game.) So also try updating/backdating your graphics drivers.

Should all that fail then post your specs (START, RUN, type DXDIAG, and press enter.) Then post that info here.
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited October 2007
    Wow, I've never heard of this. What are your system specs?

Try redownloading and let us know if that fixes anything. If not, try the demo version on our site and see if you have the same problems.
This discussion has been closed.