To Dave, RE: Abolishing DST

edited November 2007 in General Chat
I am standing by your cause to abolish DST.
Tomorrow, I will not set my clock back.

I'll be early for college on Monday, get confused and go home, but who cares? I've got an A in the class, I can afford losing a few attendance points.:D

So who else is joining the cause?

EDIT: Wow, here's some good anti-DST propaganda, too! http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/11/03/time.change.ap/index.html

Comments

• edited November 2007
    This makes no sense. If you want to not use Daylight Saving Time, the logical thing to do is NOT refuse to set your clock back, because that's refusing to STOP using Daylight Saving Time.
  • edited November 2007
    Good luck on this important cause
  • edited November 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    This makes no sense. If you want to not use Daylight Saving Time, the logical thing to do is NOT refuse to set your clock back, because that's refusing to STOP using Daylight Saving Time.

This argument makes no sense. Either that, or it's worded in such a way that it makes my brain explode. I'll restate your argument.

If I want to not use DST, I should not refuse to set my clock back.
    But if I don't refuse to set my clock back, then I am not refusing.
    If I am not refusing, then I am conforming.
    Therefore I am using DST.

Seems like a fallacy. Although, this kind of thing falls under the whole "With us or against us" thing.

My argument: (in the nice Modus Ponens form)

If I want to not use DST, I should refuse to set my clock back.
    I refuse to set my clock back.
    Therefore: I am refusing to use DST.
  • edited November 2007
    The point is that we are already in Daylight Savings time. DST ENDS Saturday night/Sunday Morning. If you want to stop using daylight savings time, you will go ahead and set your clock back tonight, then don't set it forward in March 08.

Or.... just move to Arizona, Hawaii, or some other state that doesn't use daylight savings time.
  • edited November 2007
    Ohhh, ok. I thought it was starting.
    My bad, sorry about that.

Still, it was a good argument, right? ;)
  • edited November 2007
    DST just started 2 weeks ago here. I love it. So nice to get home after work in the evening and be able to do a few things during hours of daylight. Plus we have some hot summers and I live within walking distance of the beach.... :)
Sign in to comment in this discussion.