Abe Lincoln Must Die - now 100% free!

EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
edited January 2008 in Sam & Max
http://www.telltalegames.com/community/blogs/id-268
We're closing in on the Season Two launch, and we're so giddy with excitement about it that we've done something a little crazy. Remember Abe Lincoln Must Die, the episode that got some of the best reviews last season? We've decided to slash the price into oblivion. That's right, from now on, Abe Lincoln Must Die is FREE. Yep, as in zero dollars. What's the catch? There is none. Just go download it and stop asking questions already.

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I want my money back! ;)
  • edited November 2007
    That's some great promotion! Should be interesting to see how many newcomers show up here after the word gets around.
  • jmmjmm
    edited November 2007
    I want my money back! ;)

Ok, but there's a processing fee of $6...
  • edited November 2007
    wow awesome idea! That means people will probably get the rest of the season. I just feel bad I coundn't get a chance on this great deal 8D
  • SegSeg
    edited November 2007
    jmm wrote: »
    Ok, but there's a processing fee of $6...
    Not to mention a 20% restocking fee in addition to the processing fee.
  • MelMel
    edited November 2007
    Seg wrote: »
    Not to mention a 20% restocking fee in addition to the processing fee.

Those megabytes are heavy things. Don't strain your back putting them back on the shelf. :D :p
  • edited November 2007
    Ooh, super secret stuff!
    GameSpy: [...] Is Telltale Games working on any other episodic franchises?

Morganti: [...] We have some other super secret stuff going on that I'm dying to talk about, but then it wouldn't be a secret anymore...
  • edited November 2007
    I'm at the page for purchasing episode 5, and the option to buy it is down. Do I just select download the demo or should I wait?
  • EmilyEmily Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Episode 5? It's available to buy.

We did remove the option to buy episode 4, since it's now free... (The "Try the Demo" button actually takes you to a download for the full game, we just haven't had time to update that art yet.)
  • edited November 2007
    My bad, I got the episode numbers mixed up.
  • edited November 2007
    My netless friend wants to know if any activation is required for this free episode. Thanks for a great gift guys :D
  • edited November 2007
    No activation for the free version.
  • edited November 2007
    Thanks, Tobacco. I'll be fun giving this episode to friends and family.
  • edited November 2007
    lets tell everybody about this..could mean more sam & max fans!
  • edited November 2007
    Emily wrote: »
    we just haven't had time to update that art yet.)

Don't call it "art"... ;)
  • edited November 2007
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    wow awesome idea! That means people will probably get the rest of the season. I just feel bad I coundn't get a chance on this great deal 8D

how can you possibly feel BAD about it? feel good about knowing the whole season before those who can use this promotion even played a single episode :P
  • edited November 2007
    How come there's no mentioning of free download from Steam in the blog post until someone pointed out in the comment?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    I don't think the Steam version was available when the blog was written. Also, people seem to be finding it just fine (and Steam is promoting it themselves), so it works out :)
  • edited November 2007
    I've downloaded the .exe file for Episode 4, but after installation, the shortcut just brings up a reminder box.. No loading screen or bar. Is this normal? I have no idea how to get the game to play! :mad:
    edited November 2007
    We are trying to figure out why the game won't load for some people. Please see this thread and chime in with your system specs. Also try disconnecting your internet before launch and see if you see the launch button then; if yes, that'll help us narrow down the problem.
  • SegSeg
    edited November 2007
    The reminder box should have a big 'PLAY NOW' button on it.

If it doesn't, could you tell us what is (or isn't) being displayed? Also, tell us what operating system you're running and what version of Internet Explore you have installed (regardless if IE is your default browser or not) in the support thread.
    edited November 2007
    (But please post that info in the support thread so we can keep everything together. :D)
  • edited November 2007
    Hi,

I understand we download entire serie 1 - 6 after purchasing. Does your system allow paypal as payment option?
  • edited November 2007
    splat44 wrote: »
    Hi,

I understand we download entire serie 1 - 6 after purchasing. Does your system allow paypal as payment option?

It does.
  • edited December 2007
    I have to say this is a great deal - its a bit like getting a pizza free in a family feast but without the mess of the cheese and tomato running everywhere!
  • edited December 2007
    *dresses up like a SharpTooth and chases LittleFoot around*
  • edited December 2007
    I'm one of the millions of Sam and Max old time fans that flocked to Telltale Games to get ahold of Abe Lincoln Must Die and fell in love with the franchise all over again.
  • edited December 2007
    That's funny! I just bought the whole first season just yesterday! Oh well, I own them now, so it's all good.
  • edited December 2007
    leon101 wrote: »
    That's funny! I just bought the whole first season just yesterday! Oh well, I own them now, so it's all good.

That means you got Abe Lincoln Must Die! for free anyway. :)
  • edited December 2007
    Yes, because they lowered the price after they made Ep 4 free. :D

Used to be $35.00 just like Season 2 is now.
  • edited December 2007
    Ahhhh, that's right. I was wondering why the price was lower than season two, I didn't know of it at the time, when I purchased it. Cool, so my being fashionably late, was a good thing. :)
  • edited January 2008
    I downloaded Ep.4 from Steam "just to try"
    I finished it.
    I loved it.
    I bought the whole season one on Steam.
    I played it.

I love it.
  • edited January 2008
    Avion wrote: »
    I downloaded Ep.4 from Steam "just to try"
    I finished it.
    I loved it.
    I bought the whole season one on Steam.
    I played it.

I love it.

You and me both brother. :)
  • edited January 2008
    And Episode 4 was the best one of Season One, because it was where the world gets to be ruled by a fuzzy white iron paw! *Grin*
  • edited January 2008
    I want my money back! ;)

If you were a full series purchaser like me, consider the bonus DVD sufficient payment. If not, then... well... I dunno. ^^;
  • edited January 2008
    ChazFox is right! Those Season DVDs are really good! The box isn't bad either, tastes like plastic!
  • edited January 2008
    ChazFox wrote: »
    If you were a full series purchaser like me, consider the bonus DVD sufficient payment. If not, then... well... I dunno. ^^;

You say it as if I don't have it. ;)
  • edited January 2008
    Well I wasn't sure :p

Certainly looking forward to this Season's DVD as well ^^
Sign in to comment in this discussion.