Ice Station Santa Thoughts (Spoiler Free)

edited November 2007 in Sam & Max
I'm halfway through the game... and the first thing I noticed was how beautiful it was! Love the new graphic quality. I also like the fact that you can interact with the other side of the office, now. The minigames are a nice touch, and I like how the landscape of the street has been changed.

You guys have made some amazing changes from Season 1! Can't wait to finish the game!

What does everyone else think so far?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I think the most noteworthy parts of the game ARE spoilers, so... ;)
  • edited November 2007
    I like how Sam can now run. To run, double click the left mouse button and Sam will start running to his target rather than walking. Guess Telltalegames listen to some of the complaints from the previous season
  • edited November 2007
    doom saber wrote: »
    I like how Sam can now run. To run, double click the left mouse button and Sam will start running to his target rather than walking. Guess Telltalegames listen to some of the complaints from the previous season

I forgot about that until I accidently made him run. Then I was like "oh yeah!". :D
  • edited November 2007
    I'm just wishing running were possible indoors... :(
  • edited November 2007
    well if you click on something twice while in a building, he does pick up the pace... although it is not a run like the exterior scenes, but max... well, being inside dont keep him from running around
  • edited November 2007
    ...and jumping! Sam should be able to duck and jump and when he lands on peoples heads they die and fall off the screen.
  • edited November 2007
    Beat the episode. I like it. The puzzles seems harder, but it might be me a bit rusted since I didn't use any hints and I overlooked things, which were under my nose.
  • OMAOMA
    edited November 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »
    ...and jumping! Sam should be able to duck and jump and when he lands on peoples heads they die and fall off the screen.

You think this is Super Mario? :p
  • edited November 2007
    xChri5x wrote: »

Also, we need an aimbot for Sam, so we get the pwnage headshots on the noobs. And god mode. And multiplayer, ploxkthx.

:p
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    In smaller environments, with more controlled and less panoramic cinematography, Sam was outrunning the camera, so we had to reduce him to just doing a power-walk when you double click indoors. Trust me, it's far better than Sam repeatedly running to the very edge of the screen and stuttering as the camera kept repeatedly reframing the shot. Also indoor environments generally have more complicated layouts for where Sam can walk, and it was really awkward watching him try to "run around" things like the trampoline in the north pole, or the desk in the office.
  • edited November 2007
    I loved it.
    <pedant>Except where you misspelled
    ne'er-do-wells
    </pedant>
  • edited November 2007
    Also, you can click and hold to keep him walking to where your cursor is. Double-click and hold also works for run where it's allowed.
  • edited November 2007
    I love the new setup wizard, and the interactive opening sequence that reminded me of the closing credits of HTR.

--Erwin
  • edited November 2007
    Hey, I thought this was spoiler free! I didn't know you could shoot the opening credits! I thought that cross-hair was there as part of the decoration, though one has to wonder why I didn't find that out sooner...:o
  • edited November 2007
    I ove shooting the credits! Its a really good opening! I agree the puzzles are much harder
    I can't wait till next months episode 2!
  • edited November 2007
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    I ove shooting the credits! Its a really good opening! I agree the puzzles are much harder
    I can't wait till next months episode 2!

It isn't next month, I'm afraid. Telltale are having a (well deserved) rest for December, with episode two coming out January 11, 2008.
  • edited November 2007
    Kitmit13 wrote: »
    I love shooting the credits! Its a really good opening!
    Just like the ending credits of Hit the Road!
Sign in to comment in this discussion.