Error with Splash Screen Ice Station Santa

edited November 2007 in Game Support
I just bought, downloaded and installed S&M 201 - Ice Station Santa, and when loading, it asked me to log in with my telltale account to unlock the full game. I did so, and now have been left with this screen:

Splash.jpg

And nothing else happens. Shutting the launcher down and restarting results in the same screen.

Any recommendations?

Thanks
Sam.

Comments

• edited November 2007
    I had the same issue. I'm not entirely sure how I got past it, but encountered another (minor) issue in the process. This is what I remember from my troubleshooting, my apologies if I left out a step or am out of sequence...

My PC runs XP SP2.

1 - Set IE7 as my default browser (I use firefox typically), same issue

2 - Ran Launcher as the local administrator (despite my account already being an admin) by right-clicking the icon, and selecting run as.

3 - Running as administrator, the launcher asked me again to unlock the game. I used my telltale login info to unlock the game under the first option. (I had previously used the serial number to unlock when I ran it under my local PC account)

4 - I'm now able to see the start game button under my own account

The minor issue I encountered is that the launcher believes I'm running in Offline mode, I'm able to run the game, regardless, despite it just connecting to unlock my game not two minutes prior.

I reset my default browser to Firefox, and the launcher continues to operate the same (in Offline mode, but being able to start the game)

I also noted a slightly different version number v1.0.0.1

I attached the screenshot.
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    Thanks for the info. We'll look into it to see what's up.

There were a few weird issues we caught in the activation system moments after we put the game up, and put out the 1.0.0.1 version with some tiny fixes a few hours later. (Note that if your game has already unlocked properly, you don't need to download the new version).

We're collecting as much information as we can about how the new unlocking system is working for people and will try to roll some fixes to make it work better for more people in later versions. Sorry you guys are having trouble... I'm sure Will and the testers will see this thread and take a look at what's going on.
  • edited November 2007
    Thanks for the advice, I'm now able to launch the game, but just like yourself, the launcher is stuck in offline mode. Not a major issue, but interesting nonetheless.
  • edited November 2007
    My launcher is also stuck like this, but the solution posted by Bainen doesn’t seem to be working for me. I wonder if I’m doing something wrong. When I use the run as command, I click on “The Following User:” and enter my user name and password. It’s the only account on the computer, so I know it’s the admin account. Anyway, when I do this, it still runs the frozen launcher. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling version 1.0.0.1, but still no change. It’s kind of frustrating, because the game worked fine after I first downloaded it yesterday. It started doing this after I got very close to the end of the game and I saved to go have dinner.

Advice?
  • edited November 2007
    I also ran into this problem getting stuck on the splash screen. Tried the suggested fixes but didn't get it to work properly. What to do? Yup, what all of mankind has resorted to in times of need. Key bashing. Heureka, I now know what key combination you need to get the "Launch game" button to appear. Just push F6 followed by TAB. Why this works I dunno but it does for me. Happy gaming all! :cool:

Stefan
  • edited November 2007
    Kurre wrote: »
    I also ran into this problem getting stuck on the splash screen. Tried the suggested fixes but didn't get it to work properly. What to do? Yup, what all of mankind has resorted to in times of need. Key bashing. Heureka, I now know what key combination you need to get the "Launch game" button to appear. Just push F6 followed by TAB. Why this works I dunno but it does for me. Happy gaming all! :cool:

Stefan

Oh my god that actually worked. You are awesome!
  • edited November 2007
    Excellent find Stefan, your solution is much easier! :D

I tried that solution myself after reading your message -- my launcher was still working (in offline mode) as previously described, and it actually made the issue of the 'blank' launcher (for lack of a better term) return.

Thankfully, the F6 <tab> solution works for me to make the menu appear in the launcher. Although, its formatting is goofed up, the launch button is at least visible, I have attached another screenshot to illustrate.

Further - I thought that perhaps it has something to do with the screen resolution - I usually run 1600x1200, I reduced to 1024x768 and had the same issue - blank launcher - F6 <tab> made it work, and the launcher window also had the same results as I had at 1600x1200 (misaligned 'window' at the bottom)

My drivers are admittedly a bit outdated (nVidia), and just haven't taken the time to update them to something newer.
This discussion has been closed.