Demon music (spoilers)

edited December 2007 in Sam & Max
In the final scene of Ice Station Santa, what are the voices in the music saying and what does it mean?

Comments

• edited November 2007
    This is rapidly getting buried.

Does nobody know?
  • edited November 2007
    It's definately Latin, but my Latin is so rusty it's turned into a new metal entirely. If I had to guess, given the pattern I noticed, Jared is probably just singing "We wish you a merry Christmas" as if he was a Vatican monk.

But I did hear an homage to the Inner Sanctum music from Season 1, as well as what appears to be an homage to Beetlejuice.
  • edited November 2007
    Am I missing something? What music are you talking about? The music that plays during the end credits? Before that?
  • JakeJake Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    They're referring to the track that plays when you're in
    the showdown with Santa
    at the end of the episode.
  • edited November 2007
    This is actually probably a question for Jared. Does he read these forums? Can someone forward the question, perhaps?
  • NickTTGNickTTG Telltale Alumni
    edited November 2007
    i know what it says. but its kinda like the whispered words in the end of Lost in Translation. its more fun a mystery :) get those latin books a'crackin forum dudes!
  • edited November 2007
    Could someone at least post an mp3 of it? That would make it a little easier to decipher...
  • edited November 2007
    Haggis wrote: »
    Could someone at least post an mp3 of it? That would make it a little easier to decipher...

Yeah, especially that middle part where Jared just spews some phrase in Latin. That went by so fast, I thought Jared originally recorded something Christmasy and just reversed it in the mix for some kind of effect.
  • edited November 2007
    I can't.

It's already about as compressed as it's gonna get, and it's still ten times too large.

I can e-mail it if people PM me addresses, or you can download the extractor from Mixnmojo. File name is mus_DemonBattle.ogg.

And I don't know latin (so you'll have to fix the spelling, and possibly some of the consonants), but part of it sounds a little like

sumimit siquas oooo
    sumilet sopro

(repeats a couple times)
  • edited November 2007
    It's unfortunate that we can't get subtitles for the music.
    Hmm....I'm revising for my Latin exam next Monday, so I might have time later tonight to check it out - not that my high-school Latin course would be very useful in translating spoken Latin...
  • edited November 2007
    Maratanos wrote: »
    the extractor
    D'oh, I forgot about the music extractor! I'll give it a listen, but I doubt I could make anything more of it than you guys have.
  • edited December 2007
    Well, depending on what is being said, could it be a clue to the later episodes in the series perhaps.. I'm still interested if this episode is stand alone or if it really is linked in some way.

In either way, it would be interesting to know what is said. Nice track in either case.

There is a whole bit of phrase in the middle of the track as well....
  • edited December 2007
    I doubt the Latin bits are clues for later episodes, but that would be a nice touch.
  • edited December 2007
    By the way are there any chances that you'll release the demon song as a mp3 or will this be one for the audio cd?
  • edited December 2007
    I found out the Latin is saying "you wasted your time by translating this".
  • edited December 2007
    Really? I have no clue on latin, but it would definately be in the right spirit if that's in fact the words.
  • edited December 2007
    I found out the Latin is saying "you wasted your time by translating this".
    Heh...
    Reminds me of the backmasked message in that one Weird Al song whose name I forgot.
    "Wow, you've got way too much time on your hands."
  • edited December 2007
    Nah, it isn't really (just before people start really believing me).
  • edited December 2007
    TrogLlama wrote: »
    Heh...
    Reminds me of the backmasked message in that one Weird Al song whose name I forgot.
    "Wow, you've got way too much time on your hands."

Nature Trail to Hell had a backwards message that says "Satan eats Cheeze Whiz".
  • edited December 2007
    And don't forget the infamous "I have
    granted kids to hell" in Wario Wario: Touched!
  • edited December 2007
    And don't forget the infamous "I have
    granted kids to hell" in Wario Wario: Touched!

Man that is such bullshit, and face it, nobody would be able to hear it if they weren't told about it. Even when told about it, I could barely make it out.

Now, "Paul is a dead man, miss him, miss him, miss him" or "Here's to my sweet Satan", now those are properly done backmasking.
  • edited December 2007
    And don't forget "Be sure to drink your ovaltine!" from Christmas Story. :D
  • edited December 2007
    Dedlok wrote: »
    And don't forget "Be sure to drink your ovaltine!" from Christmas Story. :D

Sam is obviously one of the Bumpus' dogs.
Sign in to comment in this discussion.